1. Home

For those who are interested in making a cat tent like the one I sent Mell in her swap package, here's the info:
Simplicity craft pattern #9004. Envelope includes three patterns; a cat tent, a soft-sided cat house, and a fish bed. Retail price is a bit high at $11.95... I would rate the level of difficulty at novice level.....or a 3 on a scale of 1-10, ten being most difficult. There is only straight stitching and pressing involved, along with easing fabric to line up properly on curves and such. I had a lot of fun making it.....and, had a lot of willing helpers and testers along the way. Funny how cats seem to instinctively know when it is something for them.
(Posted by Tina to the Cats Forum.)

Comments

November 28, 2006 at 10:24 pm
(1) Debbie Brockman says:

How do you turn the front section after you have cut out the hole?

Thanks
Deb

November 29, 2006 at 11:21 am
(2) cats says:

Hi Deb,

Since I didn’t create this tent, but just posted what Tina had posted to the forum (note that it was in 2003), I can’t answer that question. Your best bet is either to join the forum (http://cats.about.com/mpboards.htm) and post a question directly to Tina (hoping she’s still around), or purchase the Simplicity pattern and follow the directions. If you already bought the pattern, Simplicity might have a “help” line.

October 23, 2011 at 9:34 am
(3) Paula says:

I would love the pattern for the simplicity craft pattern 9004 , it is a fish shaped cat bed. I can pay the cost of postage and pattern. Many thanks

January 28, 2012 at 10:29 am
(4) Kim says:

Hi,
Can anyoneplease tell me where I can get the Simplicity 9004 cat fish bed pattern from.
Regards Kim.

January 28, 2012 at 5:13 pm
(5) Franny Syufy says:

Kim, and others who might be wondering: Although Simplicity now sells everything from sewing machines to furniture, it apparently has discontinued all its patterns for cat beds and the tent since this blog was first written.

April 7, 2013 at 1:20 pm
(6) Cat says:

try ebay they sell all kinds of discontinued vintage stuff