1. Home

This is a "double-sided album," in that calico cats are honored in our July Cat Calendar Gallery. Calico cats represent the brilliant rainbow of colors in a sunny July day. Of all cat color patterns, Calicos are perhaps the loveliest with their tri-colored exuberance. Although most Calicos are females because of genetics, the rare male does sometimes pop up, as you may see in this gallery.

Enjoy this picture calendar featuring colorful calico cats, then send your own calico photo, if you're lucky enough to share your home with one. You may submit your own calico cat photo by using the guidelines on the Photo Submittal page.

Previous Calico Cats Photo Album

Comments

April 21, 2007 at 12:09 am
(1) Maria says:

I have never, ever seen a Calico Cat with that much white on it… And I know everything about cats.

May 4, 2007 at 8:39 am
(2) lynn says:

My cat just had kittens a few days ago . Was your calico white and the spots show up later?

May 8, 2007 at 5:24 pm
(3) kaylee says:

my cat just had kittens and they are so little and cute!! there are four their names are whiskers,socks,pumba,cali

June 14, 2007 at 8:49 pm
(4) Randyl says:

Anyone have a calico kitten for sale in the North Carolina Smoky Mountains area? We wish to adopt a calico and would like a kitten that could travel with us in our motorhome.

June 25, 2007 at 5:49 am
(5) Lynne(Liverpool) says:

Hi, my calico cat Smudge is eight years old! She will not let anyone near it, including my other calico Minnie who is seven! They are total opposites in character…Smudge is agressive and won’t be touched and Minnie is a silly kitten-like baby girl of a cat. May I add, I love them both equally quirkyness and all! They are wonderful, I would never have any other type of Puss!

July 30, 2007 at 3:40 pm
(6) Ashton says:

My kitten is 3 years old and is the best cat in the world! she opens grawers when where gone and pulls out all our clothes and she likes her camo ribbon toy all the time she hasen’t turned it down once yet! Lola [my cat] is the best!We call her Buger’s, Loleta, and Lola Buger’s a lot!

August 16, 2007 at 7:06 pm
(7) Karen says:

In 1992 a small calico showed up on my deck looking for food. She was mostly white with small patches of red and black on her head and tail. She had two kittens, both male, one was white with black areas on his head, tail and back and the other was white with light brown or muted red on his head, back and tail. The one who was muted red and white soon became friends with another calico who showed up when the kittens where quite small. She was a long haired muted calico. Now I have a cat who is mostly grey tabby with just a little red on her face and legs. There are infinite possibilities of what a calico can look like. I’ve always heard it was good luck to adopt a calico so I’ve never turned one away. For that matter I’ve never turned away any homeless cats unless they attacked my own cats.

August 18, 2007 at 10:08 pm
(8) RoxAnn says:

My cat is 7 years old and thinks she’s a kitten. Her name is Tory Marie. Her face from the time she was a kitten reminds one of Phantom of the Opera. She has a black mask on left side of her face that falls just below the left eye. We got her from neighbor who wouldn’t let mom out to nurse or take care of kittens. Mom kitty got out only when children’s dad wasn’t around. One eye was matted shut and the other partially matted shut.WE couldn’t believe the abuse their father did to these kittens. We took her in and fed her every 3-4 hours like a human baby. She is queen of the house now and is very spoiled to the point that she makes a nuisance of herself to everyone. My girls complain all the time how she’s a spoiled brat but they would never change her personality and just spoil her even more than she already is.

September 4, 2007 at 11:30 am
(9) Moya says:

I have two kittens that are 6 months old and their names are Tara and Caesar we bought them when they were three months old.And now they are finnaly getting there adult teeth and they are very playful but we had to take them to the vet because they both got sick but now they are feeling much better because of the medication.

September 24, 2007 at 5:35 pm
(10) vada reynelds says:

i gnsrtgnsLGbvyO:NFG>AYFGVghiyhgiwrngyygkghngzhdnhng shgfjfngfgkfdygu zngkjhfFKjjskdgojgufodjgbfjjgfyrusfujvgfhbngkjgn jwthgshtyign rwuhtngshtiursgt re8atggtewygtfrtgyurittiyityhtihiueuriyuhsherejreyhjetgrgtrghyhgutdhi 8u7uyhriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuiseytfgjmgkvsyrhitkgjyhtg9rdgrdiytuijrdktyrhtguirytuityiryturhturytuhrdkjtyiughtritydiufgrdytirhdtiyrugtrytuir dhtuyrhihturytgudrtyiruhrfuity hurtyhgurhuihszn.tkhfbk,stghjnhhggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggdgvdvgnam,ghujkghJFNHkAHFrgrushngbowrhnojkmlgdhij iok,flgbufd0gmbf;dguholfxmblhfdjhykl,gmhlguihink,cghmn jhm ofxigjzyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy oyyoyoyoyoyoyo[yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoooooooooooooooooooooyoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrsuijgaortghusrjkhsfkjgmbgbhfjkmgjbhfjgbsfkghjskzNFKghfuieasjb gksrhyfgiustrbtgsregfbtuizdtjjiofkhmjpfg;ihkglkyjupdtmhjndglkhjbm fx,;lhj0dpogchnlmdfpohbjlfcx.;ljnicfol./hnblmxso;zjgmk;bnj6yc ftyikmcr0yujcoi67yucofjty98-cjtkgifc986yjtcfi6u85if6ou5986ij689u596u59867u58i6j8r5uj679e5j694uj6cmrtokcfjyoktyuiyovfyjmtofjuhyir6jrfiyriutuhrduithjriuthruithyrihjtyiurhtuyritruytriurtiurtftntiurhntudt

October 5, 2007 at 1:17 am
(11) Dance! says:

calico cats are the most beutifull. They seem to look even better in photograph. But one thing you shouldn’t do. Look at what your Calico looks Like in the mirror. Suddenly she turns into a right minger! Dance!(Glasgow)

November 18, 2007 at 1:16 pm
(12) Katey says:

even though im not the one with a calico cat but my friend does th ey are so cute there only like about two weeks old.

February 21, 2008 at 1:07 pm
(13) Evan says:

My cat, i think its calico lol, but she always follows me around, i give her lots and lots of attention when im around, example, i take a shower, everytime, i mean everytime, she’s waiting outside the door to see me, lol, and then when i left for college, my parents said she’d meow everyday all day becouse i wasnt there, wats this mean in a cat? im not sure haha, probly likes me a lot.

August 18, 2008 at 7:19 pm
(14) Jordan says:

I have a Calico cat.. and it isn’t very old. But everyone says Calicos are Black, White, AND red/orange… ? Could it be that it’s a mixed breed, will it get red?or can a calico just be black and white?

September 14, 2008 at 4:20 pm
(15) Alicia says:

Hi. My calico cat had white like this cat, she lived to be 18. She died a year ago yesterday.

January 28, 2009 at 6:29 pm
(16) gabi says:

I got Poppy from a cat rescue when she was about 8 months old. She had been found living wild with a new litter of 3 kittens. By the time I brought her home her kitten’s had been found homes. Although initially she was quite ferral she soon settled in along with a large and overly affectionate tabby and white tom called Jake that came home at the same time. Now at about a year old she is still feisty but her afection is all the more precious for that.Poppy is quite tiny and leanly built and only today I have learnt that her very pretty black and darkish orange splodges on a clean white background makes her a CALICO cat. She is just lovely- lucky me. Certainly easily as good as the one kitten I had promised myself on the day I came home with Jake and Poppy.

April 13, 2009 at 8:30 pm
(17) kelsi says:

my cat calico is named callie too :)

April 17, 2009 at 8:37 pm
(18) sheryl says:

I found a stray kitten, male, a few months ago. I’m not sure what he is but I think he might be a calico! He is mostly white with orange on his back, tail, and head. So is he a calico? Are males that color rare? I don’t know a lot about cats so I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!! Sheryl :-)

April 17, 2009 at 8:50 pm
(19) Franny Syufy says:

Sheryl, unless your kitten has black along with the white and orange, he is not a calico, but a bi-color. Yes, calico males are rare, but sterile, so they have little value as far as cold, hard, cash. We don’t value our cats for cash reasons, anyway. :)

August 17, 2009 at 12:44 pm
(20) Rachel says:

Two days ago, i had adopted a 11 month old kitten, her new name is Faith but somtimes i like to call her Sage i also have a black cat named midnight but all he does is eat and leave thats the reason i got faith but the other day she meant him for the first time and they weren’t exactly fond of each other.There’s also another BIG problem i have a 120 pound american bulldog and she feels quite threatend by him (i would be too if i where they size of his head ) any advice?

January 16, 2010 at 11:54 am
(21) peach says:

my calico kitten is ssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosweet she will kiss you with her lips her name is angle she from heven………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….