1. Home

Although October has almost always been known as Black Cat Month, black cats have a legion of fans year-round, so it doesn't seem fair to make them wait until October to see a black cat picture gallery.

Enjoy these photos of these "home-grown panthers" and if you are fortunate enough to share your home with one, send a picture by following the Photo Submittal Guidelines.

The winsome duet of black cats featured here are Blueberry and Blackie, waiting for their dinner. Picture © Eddie and Ryann Figueroa

Comments

August 18, 2006 at 2:47 pm
(1) kelly says:

I have my second black cat from birth that was strange.just raised a tux female cat from a bottle lord help me i’m spoiled. K

August 21, 2006 at 3:27 pm
(2) Ricky says:

Those are the ugliest and most unkempt cats ever!! hahaha!! Just kidding! My feline nephews are too cool and now the most famous cats in the family!

August 21, 2006 at 9:15 pm
(3) Markee Antillon says:

I just lost a cat like your 2 on the photo.Would like to get one like that.
What breed are they?
Love of blacks and all cats.
Markee

August 22, 2006 at 5:04 pm
(4) Ryann Figueroa says:

i’m so sorry for your loss. My hubby and i adopted our 2 furbabies from North Shore Animal League in New York, where we live. They are both classified as only “domestic long hair” but i’ve done my own research and i think my little one is a Chantilly/Tiffany, and my big boy possibly has some Maine Coon in him, maybe some Somali/Abysinnian as well. But these are just my own theories, based on physical features and personality/character. I researched some of these breeds on this website.

August 22, 2006 at 5:08 pm
(5) Ryann Figueroa says:

Thanks Ricky. By the way, when will i see my feline nephews on this website? they are the ones that inspired me to get cats in the first place. Throw Christopher in the picture w/ Kujo and George and it might almost be as cute as mine!!!! :)

April 27, 2010 at 7:45 pm
(6) Markee says:

Now I have a kitty Mayara like your cute kitty.