1. Home

Franny Syufy

Update on Caboodle Ranch: Class Action Lawsuit to be Filed

By March 1, 2012

New Update, April 4, 2012

April 2, 2012 From Dana Strunk, Caboodle Ranch Anti-Animal Cruelty Advocate: A group of donors and former owners of cats relinquished to a nonprofit cat sanctuary known as Caboodle Ranch are coming together to file a class action lawsuit against founder Craig Grant, who was arrested Feb. 27 in the wake of a multi-agency rescue of almost 700 cats from the property. It is one of the largest rescues of animals from a hoarding case in U.S. history.

Records from Caboodle Ranch, located in Lee, Fla., indicate that Grant embezzled and misappropriated donations intended to cover care of the cats for his own personal use. Numerous financial transactions recorded on Caboodle Ranch's 501(c)3 non-profit account show such items as airline flights, trips to Las Vegas, tickets to Disney on Ice and Daytona 500, purchases at Toys R Us, hotels, online clothing orders, online magazine orders, and gifts. Grant also admitted in court records that he did not routinely record cash donations.

For more information, see the announcement on the Caboodle Ranch Anti-Cruelty Case Information Website. For my readers, I remind you that in a criminal trial, the defendant is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, while in civil court, the preponderance of the evidence determines the winner.

Update March 2, 2012 9: p.m. ET:

An article today in the Tampa Bay Times sheds some hopeful light on the location and condition of nearly 700 cats taken Monday from Caboodle Ranch in Madison County. According to the article written by Leonora LaPeter Anton, Times Staff Writer, the cats are now confined in an abandoned warehouse west of Jacksonville, being treated by ASPCA veterinary personnel, along with volunteers, 125 in total, including veterinarians from other areas. Anton wrote that the cats are being separated into different areas according to their medical conditions, "Cats with ringworm, feline AIDS and leukemia in one area. Cats with upper respiratory ailments and eye infections in another. Feral cats in yet another." "The animals will stay at the Jacksonville facility until either Grant agrees to relinquish them or they are awarded to the ASPCA, a process that could take up to 60 days." Read the complete Times article for more information and photos.

March 2, 2012, 4 a.m. ET: Update: In searching for additional news, I came across a Facebook Page: Caboodle Ranch: Save the kitties, which claims non-profit status. The "Info" tab in the left sidebar does not identify the owner(s), nor do they identify themselves in the wall posts. The Evidence tab in the sidebar reveals potentially damning evidence against Craig Grant, dating back to 2009. (These copies of documents are in PDF format.) The general theme of the Facebook Page is that Craig Grant fits the profile of the typical cat hoarder, including denial and cover-up.

I also found a YouTube video of Madison, County Florida Sheriff Ben Stewart, explaining the process of the Caboodle Ranch search and seizure. He divulged that Madison County had contracted with the ASPCA, which he described as a "middle-of-the-road" organization, to perform the search and seizure of the Caboodle Ranch cats. Sheriff Stewart said that the contract was at no cost to Madison County, and that the ASPCA expects to spend around $3 million - that the animals will not be killed, but will be provided with veterinary treatment and care at an undisclosed location. He further stated that no other personnel would be allowed on Caboodle Ranch - only ASPCA personnel and the Sheriff's Office people, and he specifically mentioned PeTA as being disallowed on the premises.

I'll add more information as it becomes available. However, in the meantime, I would remind my readers that under the U.S. Judicial System, a person is innocent until proven guilty, and to please keep that in mind when posting your comments.

Original Update 3/01/2012:

As the debate continues to rage both on my original blog of Monday, 2/27/12, and throughout the country on other blogs and websites, Craig Grant has posted bond and has been released from jail, staying at an unknown location. He posted on the Caboodle Ranch blog yesterday afternoon:

This is Craig. . .

Lawyers for the ranch will make a statement later once we get to the bottom of all this. . . I feel very sick and in a daze right now. My happiness, my life and the lives of my 600 babies are being destroyed.

Monday morning a swat team came in gun to my head took me to jail on what they said was a misdemeanor charge. A long line of vehicles waited outside the ranch as I was taken away. I think one was ASPCA. I posted bail the same day, but I'm not allowed back at the ranch. I have no idea what's taking place there.

You may read the remainder of Mr. Grant's nessage on his blog.

I will continue to follow this story as more details unfold.

Comments

March 2, 2012 at 11:27 am
(1) Lisa says:

I found that page last night as well, and have been reading through it, along with other sites that appear to be run by Caboodle Ranch themselves. I’m trying to hold my tongue and opinion until more information comes out, but if the documents and photos that are found on the Save the Kitties page are indeed legit, I have to question why on earth it was allowed to go until now if they knew since 2008/09 there was a serious issue occurring.

I know a lot of people have defended this gentleman, and they may be right that he originally had the best intentions in the world to care for these babies. The thing is, there needs to be a cut off point established before it becomes either a full on hoarding situation, or a point where the animals who are sick/suffering begin to outweigh the good intention being done. It’s hard… we can’t save them all, and as much as we wish we could, taking too many makes it just as bad :(

The idea of 30 acres sounds great, but it also has its cons. Apparently the facility was not enclosed, allowing the cats to essentially roam off the property. I also read on one of the CR run pages that Craig supposedly checked every cats health either daily or weekly(I can’t find the link to quote it I’m sorry) I don’t believe the health can be checked that often if they roam free on 30 acres- that’s gotta be like finding a needle in a haystack if they don’t want to be found. I also saw a contradictory statement ion some places they say that the cats are all spayed/neutered, but then on this page (https://www.facebook.com/CaboodleRanch01?sk=info) and then pictures on another site to back it up, they talk about mama cats and kittens. If you’re not controlling the population, thats a recipe for overpopulation disaster.

March 2, 2012 at 11:27 am
(2) Lisa says:

(cont from my previous post)

I don’t trust PETA, but I do have a little more respect for the HSUS, and to most extents the ASPCA, though I don’t agree with some of their opinions on euth. If this was strictly a PETA takedown I would begin to question it, but there seems to be overwhelming evidence from other sources that there was a lot of kitties suffering here, so I am inclined to believe them.

I am still waiting to see how it plays out though. I can’t say that even if this is his fault, that it it’s his fault entirely, if people are going there and dumping cats on the property, he can’t control that. I just question whether he is now doing the animals any good if they are out of control. I just don’t want any of the animals having to suffer- either for being left in bad overpopulated conditions or for being confiscated by others.

March 4, 2012 at 8:02 pm
(3) terry says:

i also distrust peta and i also thought the caboodle ranch was a great idea too. the emotional rhetoric keeps getting ratcheted up so i decided that i had to watch the video that peta made. i would like to think that i am more interested in the welfare of the cats (at least more than some agenda being furthered) i could only watch about half of the video, i thought i was going to be ill, i just could not take it. i just hope that it wasn’t true, i would be so disappointed if it was.

whatever the outcome i hope all the cats will get the medical care they need and a home they deserve.

March 5, 2012 at 9:16 am
(4) Leanne Tucker says:

I feel most sorry for these cats. Seizing them and removing them from this property is likely NOT going to result in a happier ending for them. How likely is the ASPCA going to be to care for and adopt out feral cats? How likely are they to find shelters to take hundreds of cats when the shelters they associate with are probably already killing 50% or more of the cats they take in? These cats would likely have been far better served by the ASPCA sending folks in to help on site now and in the months to come. Very, very, very sad.

March 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm
(5) Irish says:

I have been a supporter of Craig and Nanette for yrs,I hope once the dust has settled people will stop jumping on the band wagon and attacking Craig,the ASPCA and Peta are horrible,I found it was a woman by the name of DANA STRUNK from ILL that called and e-mailed both plus the Sheriffs department consistantly to the point they finally got fed up and did this to Craig,I want to confront this DANA STRUNK and tell her how she has ripped a mans life apart and given the chance I will,I will always be in Craigs corner no matter wot.

March 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm
(6) Wifeypuffs says:

The ASPCA’s attack on Caboodle Ranch is a form of socialism that abolishes provate ownership. They are non profit organization, so was Caboodle Ranch. If this all would be in the name of the animals rescue..this whole thing would be helping to the animals and not shutting Caboodle Ranch down! Search Caboodle Ranch for more videos if you weren’t there yourselves! It was a paradise for cats.

March 7, 2012 at 3:33 pm
(7) CT says:

Have you ever been to Caboodle Ranch? I have. The PETA video is an acurate portrait of what happens there on a daily basis. Heartbreaking, but true.

A conspiracy against Craig? No, just people who never want to see another cat suffer and die in filthy, disease ridden conditions.

Decide for yourself. All tax returns of not-for-profit organizations are public record. By law, Caboodle Ranch is SUPPOSE to post them on their website or provide you with a copy at your request (they are allowed to charge copy and postage fees). Anyone can also request them from the IRS free of charge.

According to Caboodle Ranch’s 2010 tax return (IRS Form 990) they had over 500 cats, but listed only $18,207 for vet fees. That is only $36.41 per cat! You can not even buy a year’s worth of flea treatment for that amount let alone vaccines, illnesses, or emergencies.

According to their 990, Caboodle Ranch took in almost $250,000 in donations, but only spent $18,207 for vet services and $23, 926 for cat food. That’s a total of $42,133 spent for the well being of the cats. Less than 20% of what was donated.

Who do you believe? I believe the cats.

March 7, 2012 at 7:56 pm
(8) Kikatbabe says:

I am shocked and appalled at the woman who is running this blog.

I mean seriously what is wrong with all of you people?

I’m really trying to understand what the hell it takes to get it through your heads about how monstrous this place is!!!

How many times does somebody have to point out that this guy was nothing but a hoarder deceiving hundreds of people for years.

I personally witnessed absolute horror at this place!

How dare anyone would insinuate that I would be making it up and lying!!! What the hell purpose would thete even be in that!!!??

Nothing you defenderse speak of this horrible horrible place makes one bit of sense! I am seriously trying to figure out what is wrong with the lot of ya.

And as much as I hate to say this of those cats, they are better off euthanized than on this abuser and his help’s hands.

I feel sick reading your comments!!!

March 8, 2012 at 1:00 am
(9) Mark says:

Your comments about “better off euthanized” tells me what organization you support. How do you argue with hundreds of volunteers and visitors that didn’t see the horrors that are in the video. Eyewitnesses have come out explaining the staged “scenes” in the video. Every snap shot picture from tourists show friendly happy healthy cats. Are you saying he hid the real cats and brought out little robot cats to fool everybody? Are all those pictures and videos on youtube staged? The only documentation of problems is a PETA video. Give me a break!

March 8, 2012 at 2:16 am
(10) jojo says:

i support Craig. PETA takes in these animals, great but the next step? they euthanize 80% of the animals they take in, so hundreds of the caboodle cats are going to die. Yes, die…this is what you have done to the paradise.

March 8, 2012 at 1:05 pm
(11) John Doppler Schiff says:

Jojo, aside from the fact that your euthanasia claims have no merit, PETA is not the primary agency rehoming these cats. There are more than a dozen groups working on this rescue, including the ASPCA, PetSmart Charities, Florida State Animal Response Coalition, the Atlanta Humane Society, the Humane Society of Broward County, Cat Depot, Bay Area Disaster Animal Response Team, RedRover, Good Mews Animal Foundation, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, McKamey Animal Care and Adoption Center, the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine, the Maples Center for Forensic Medicine, and local law enforcement and animal control.

Now, if you feel that every one of these groups is complicit in some grand conspiracy to target Craig Grant, I’d like to see some explanation of their motives, and some evidence of that conspiracy.

So, which theory makes more sense?

A) There’s a sinister conspiracy involving multiple independent animal welfare groups, law enforcement, and two judges, who out of the blue decided to team up to attack Craig Grant for spite, or…

B) A hoarder who refused to adopt out animals and refused to stop taking in cats got overwhelmed, and in light of video evidence of the suffering of the cats, law enforcement stepped in to rescue the cats, as they do with any hoarder.

My money is on B.

I don’t care if you like PETA or not. It’s utterly irrelevant to this case. The evidence on that video is incontrovertible, and that is why law enforcement was able to get a warrant to seize the cats.

March 8, 2012 at 8:28 pm
(12) Franny Syufy says:

Thanks for posting this information, John. That’s the most complete list of participating organizations I’ve seen yet. BTW, I went to the humanewatch.info and couldn’t make heads nor tails out of it. There were posts both pro and con humanewatch.info.

March 8, 2012 at 1:49 pm
(13) Lynn Doviodo says:

I’m from an area withina couple of hours from Caboodle Ranch and know many people that have taken cats there. The opinions are very mixes about the ranch. People either love it or hate it. I have no personal experience with the ranch, I only hope whatever happens the cats are medically taken Care of and safe.

March 8, 2012 at 4:37 pm
(14) Jeff says:

I think Craig was a decent person who had couldn’t control the amount of cats at Caboodle Ranch, and lost control. This is what I think……ASPCA and PETA should have left the cats there, brought in folks, paid, and volunteers from all walks of life, and kept the Ranch open with a crew that could handle the cats, the cleanups, and the med distribution etc. Clean the darn mess up where its bad, and service what needs to be serviced with the additional help and money that they can put out. The cats probably will not make it….fright will kill alot of them, and it can all end up in catastrophe if not handled with care. This is why this country is sooooo messed up. Instead of working together, we rip it apart piece by piece, and play politics with the lives of people and animals.

March 8, 2012 at 6:25 pm
(15) Gary Conley says:

I have been to Caboodle Ranch, more than once. I can/will attest to what a NIGHTMARE this place was. THANK GOD the authorities finally shut this place down. Grant is nothing but a hoarder that took advantage of many many people financially and emotionally, not to mention the HORRORS the poor cats endured there. Way to go PETA and ASPCA.

March 9, 2012 at 5:52 pm
(16) trish says:

Both sides are going to yell and scream that THEY are right. Somewhere in the middle is the truth.

March 9, 2012 at 7:45 pm
(17) John Doppler Schiff says:

Hi Franny,
HumaneWatch Info exists to expose the deception of the “Center for Consumer Freedom” and “HumaneWatch”, front groups that demonize animal welfare groups on behalf of the corporations that profit from cruelty.

We are decidedly anti-HumaneWatch, but we try to give all sides a fair hearing. Any pro-HumaneWatch statements on that site (for which I am the webmaster) are simply comments or quotes from their supporters. Sorry for any confusion!

Thanks for your coverage of the Caboodle Ranch situation. I hope people are willing to set their passions aside long enough to view the problem rationally, and with the welfare of the cats as their primary concern.

– John

March 10, 2012 at 11:51 pm
(18) Franny Syufy says:

Hi John,
Thanks for the clarification. I suspected the case, but it still was a bit confusing. I can see your allowing conflicting comments. It’s really the only way to manage a blog in this kind of a platform. And I wholeheartedly agree that the welfare of the cats should be our top priority, regardless of any personal agendas, and it appears that the vast majority of the people who have commented here feel the same way.

March 9, 2012 at 10:18 pm
(19) Lauren says:

I must say I have been to Caboodle Ranch a few times, I have spoken to Craig. He is an awsome perosn and has a big heart. He has helped saved many cats lives much more than any rescue would have done. He actually gave an IV to a cat with kidney problems, gave meds to another and could barely talk to me because he was so busy taking care of his babies. His place was always clean & had plenty of food & water. His cats were happy. That many cats, some will get sick & he was taking care & had his vet, he passed all inspections. Why would people want to set him up & frame him for political gain? I hope & pray Craig realizes he has a lot of support & people that will continue to help him go forward & prove his innocence. One big question is: Where is the credibitlity of the photos, videos, word of sick cats., etc. other than the people against him? There are two sides to this story & I hope Craigs attorney comes forward & blasts a few people for destroying a good thing. But wait! Craig can move somewhere else & open a new rescue, change the name & rebuild his life. kudos to Craig!!

March 10, 2012 at 6:29 pm
(20) Anita Tanner says:

Craig was too good and people took advantage of him. I feel so sorry for him and his babies. the biggest mistake he made was GIVING OUT THE ADDRESS OF THE RANCH. Cats were dropped off and no payment was made to Craig for his care of them. These are the people who should be punished, not Craig as he did the best he could with what he had to work with!!

March 10, 2012 at 8:01 pm
(21) Jean says:

I’m just so devastated by all this as it seemed Caboodle Ranch was the perfect place for so many unwanted and uncared for babies. Craig did so much to make a home for them,and I prefer to think that there are so many people working against him. I believe as one writer commented, instead of taking the cats away, let them remain where they knew they were safe, put volunteers in and medical aid to treat any or all that was ill rather than the risk of euthanasia. Some of these babies will be terrified – I have 2 fosters in my home and they are still afraid of every loud noise or person who visits. They lived outside (with their shelter which I constructed and kept warm in winter at great expense) but they have been inside for more than 3 years now but still wary. The Caboodle kitties should have been left there with treatment, care and lots of food.

March 10, 2012 at 11:22 pm
(22) Dale Swisher says:

No, I don’t think it was a conspiracy that many welfare groups were involved in the raid. They were probably just asked to participate, and did so without evaluating the ranch prior to the raid.
PeTA is definitely relevant. The Florida shelter law was being debated and PeTA needed a PR event. They got it.
The evidence on the video is not incontrovertible. John Ovenden, of Madison Voice, has videoed hours of footage at Caboodle. He was never restricted in where he could shoot and said anyone can make a damning video of any family, any animals, with creative editing, dramatic music and lighting. And it took 5 months to gather that info?
I personally have spent many days at Caboodle. I walked the facility and was allowed anywhere. I was going back again, for the 3rd time, this week. I always paid my own way, paid for lodging and meals myself. I wasn’t beholden to anyone at Caboodle.

The vet and Animal Control made frequent visits. The sheriff is up for re-election and there were people in Lee who did not want the ranch. So politics was involved. I can understand judges being misled by the PeTA video. They were not shown any of the dozens of positive videos as contrast. It’s also interesting that an ASPCA inspector said that “the majority of cats were not in need of immediate medical attention.” Whoops.
This raid was wrong on so many levels. Human lives and animals will be destroyed and there is a perfectly functional facility that is now empty. Improvements were always being made, and I can’t imagine that the cats are better off caged in a warehouse than roaming free at Caboodle. What a waste.

March 14, 2012 at 10:37 am
(23) Dale Swisher says:

The comment, the ranch was not enclosed, is incorrect. 8 acres are fenced. Additional low-voltage wiring had been added to the top and the bottom was reinforced to comply with the new EAH ordinance. The question of whether Craig was doing the animals any good is answered simply by imagining the alternatives. Many cats were just dumped, which accounts for the unaltered ones. There is a ranch requirement that cats being turned in have all shots and are altered. Vets made regular visits. The video taken by the PeTA spy is misleading. What a surprise, sick cats in the sick ward. Ones that are just left outside the fence may or may not be following the rules. If a cat is unwanted, where will it go? To a cage in a shelter waiting to be killed? To a feral pack living the desperate life these cats do? If the alternative is roaming free on 8 enclosed acres, with ample, food, water, and shelter and a person willing to sleep in a sleeping bag near the cats, I know which one I would take. I know what it’s like there. I know the A SPCA could have looked at CR as an asset that needed protection. I know both PeTA and the ASPCA have lost thousands of followers and it could have been so easy to make a wonderful facility even better.

March 17, 2012 at 11:56 pm
(24) Catatonic says:

Why in Gods name are they housing Ringworm cats and cats with FIV with Lukemia cats-!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is giving a death sentence to every one of them. If ASPCA thinks this is proper sheltering protocol they should be arrested for animal cruelty for intentionally infecting cats with a life threatening disease-

Oh forgot this is not about saving lives- my bad!

March 24, 2012 at 5:53 am
(25) John Doppler Schiff says:

Please note that due to a fraudulent trademark violation complaint filed by Rob Grant, Facebook has removed the Save the Kitties page. (The USPTO has not issued a trademark to Caboodle Ranch, as the validity of their claim is in dispute.)

Mr. Grant, it seems, was not happy at having the facts of the case made publicly available.

Until the page is restored, the documents are being moved to caboodleranch.net, with new documents added as they arrive.

Photos, videos, veterinary records, and proof of misuse of nonprofit donations have been posted for your review. I invite all animals lovers to look over the evidence and draw your own conclusions.

March 26, 2012 at 11:20 am
(26) michelle says:

The cats went from being able to walk freely around outside and climb trees to being incarcerated in an old, abandoned warehouse. How are they better off in cages? I thought the whole idea of having animals was to let them “run free” like they are supposed to – except, apparently, when there is money to be made from the begging and the fines and the fees and the RESALE of the animals. You do know that the spca or peta or whoever has the animals now also does not have enough staff to take care of them, doesn’t have enough money because they had to go begging for it, has to go begging for cat litter, etc, etc., don’t you? If the cats were not receiving vet care, how did Tommy get all his vet work done? How many of the cats were killed during or after the raid and how are they better off being dead? Peta and hsus and the various spca’s out there, and even many er, um, rescue organizations, get away with these raids because the general public likes fantastic headlines and really has no idea that, yes, by the nature of what a rescue or sanctuary is, there are going to be some ill or injured, and maybe even dying animals.

March 26, 2012 at 11:22 am
(27) michelle says:

If there are 12 cats who are sick or injured, WHY in the name af all that makes sense can anyone condone the abuse of 688 other cats who are not? Can someone please explain that to me? Furthermore, no one goes lovingly into a place that they are raiding and gently puts cats in carriers – far from it. The cats are chased with nets and poles, choked, legs are broken, heads are bashed in, the animals are treated as if THEY are the criminals. Not one of you can justify such treatment, no matter how hard you try. Any video that PeTA comes up with is automatically suspect because peta hates pets, has a documented record of abusing pets that they were supposed to find homes for by killing those animals themselves WITHOUT A VETERINARIAN and then dumping those bodies like so much trash in a dumpster – all of which you or I would be send to prison for. So, I ask again, how is committing animal abuse in the name of ending supposed, unproven animal abuse okay with you?

March 26, 2012 at 5:00 pm
(28) AmyK says:

I’ve looked at the evidence, and I have to conclude that Caboodle Ranch was little more than a hoarding situation. The place was not clean, not well run, and the cats were sick. Lots more than 12 were sick – most of them were sick, some very sick, and some emaciated.

I don’t doubt that Mr. Grant loved the cats, but love is not enough when you have 600 cats to take care of. You need a large staff and strong volunteer system, as well as a fund-raising system that keeps nonprofit money separate from personal expenses. Caboodle Ranch had none of these structures in place.

And I seriously doubt that the ASPCA used catch poles on the cats. Many of the cats are friendly and walked right up to rescuers. Others could be caught in the same humane traps used every day in TNR. Nor are any of the rescue groups going to profit from this operation. In fact, it’s going to cost the ASPCA over $300,000.

There is a lot of evidence besides the PETA video showing that Caboodle Ranch was a hoarding situation. See it for yourself at http://caboodleranch.net/

April 2, 2012 at 10:54 pm
(29) Eric Dammeyer says:

ASPCA will get the cats to shelters throughout the country where they can be adopted. ASPCA won’t kill a single one of those cats, so don’t say they will. Craig maybe had good intentions in the beginning but he ended up like any other cat hoarder, he dinied cats medical care even though the website said he checked their health which is impossible being there were 700 cats wandering around. I have no simpathy for him, he can rot in prison for all I care, he is CRAZY!!!!!!!

April 30, 2012 at 10:31 am
(30) Diane says:

Yes, Eric you are right, the ASPCA does not kill pets. They exchange their pets they believe are unadoptable with ‘adoptable’ pets from kill shelters. The exchanged pets at the kill shelter die within 12-24 hours of arrival. And the kill shelters’ hands are bloody, not the ASPCA’s hands.
The problem is the concept of killing anything someone has decided is inconvenient. Throughout history one group has decided a different group is inconvenient and starts a campaign of annihilation; killing. Whether the killing is people or pets, killing is a savage, uncivilized inhumane solution to perceived unwanted/overpopulation.
Everyone, each one of us, needs to be responsible first for themselves, second for their family, their neighbor, their town, community, state, country, world, universe. Each of us is an important link in the chain of civilization.
Killing, as a solution, is a neanderthal set-back for society.

April 30, 2012 at 5:07 pm
(31) vikki says:

I do not believe that a person is going to take everything they have to open a ranch for cats without knowing they will get any help or what the outcome will be unless they really have love for them. I don’t believe Craig purposely hurt these cats . I think he could have gotten overloaded which would make sense and became afraid of the so called help of peta and other because they did exactly what they set out to do close him down and take his beloved cats. The cats should have been left and help brought in instead of grabbing them up and taking them away from the only home they know and then to top it off some of these so called concerned people want to simple kill them off. I think the people suing Craig ought to be ashamed of themselves all they want is money because what good does this do anyone?!At least Craig tried to help these cats not put them down. I don’t know him but I’ve kept in touch with his website and what I feel is a man that did what he thought best. It’s just a shame.These cats don’t need to be put down they need to go home.

May 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm
(32) Silence says:

Please update yourselves on the Caboodle Ranch case. Evidence from the Custody Hearing for the Caboodle Cats have been posted. It depicts the condition of the Ranch, with decomposing cats, cat bones and very sick cats.
Remember this is all evidence that is being submitted during the hearing. The final hearing day is May 29th at 9:00 a.m. It is expected that Mr. Grant will testify as well as his son.

July 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm
(33) Susan says:

I moved Madison county, Fl. 9 years ago and I have never in my life seen such a problem as we have here with animal control!! As far as the ranch in question I have never been there so I can not voice my opinion about it,but I can say Madison County leaders need to do more to help control the pet population, and make the citizens here abide by the animal laws that are suppose to be in force, by that I mean, keep your dogs either on a leash or in a fenced area, take care of them feed and water them and give them some type of shelter to get off of the cold ground in the winter time!! I have seen so many animals in this county that are NOT being taking care of, dogs running down the main street in town, I get out of my car and try to get them to safety, heck, I almost got ran over by people who would not even slow down for them. If I would have taken pictures of all the dogs that I have seen that have been hit and killed and left laying on the side of the road I could have filled up a photo album, come on people, if you don’t want to take care of the animal Don’t get them!! What I would like to know is how come Madison county leaders don’t do more to enforce the laws, help educate people on controlling the pet population, anything is better than nothing!!! Start some type of low fee program to have your pets spayed or neutered, I know this is a small town and funds are limited BUT, have you ever given it a try, we have a lot of animal lovers around here whom I am sure would give donations, I for one……I want to see the laws that are suppose to help protect animals get ENFORCED here!!! If anyone would like to contact me to try and help me out you can contact me at riversedge2011@hotmail.com