1. Home

Franny Syufy

Breed of the Week: Balinese

By February 12, 2013

Take a svelte, graceful Siamese cat, add a medium-long silky coat, and you have a Balinese. Every bit as lively as its shorthaired relative, the Balinese is equally affectionate without being as noisy. Its single coat makes it easier to groom than other longhairs, and does not take away from the exquisite lines of its body.

Much like the Siamese, the Balinese standard has changed over the years, but a strong force of lovers of the traditional Balinese still fight to preserve the breed.
Photo Credit: © Helmi Flick

About the Breed | Talk About Your Balinese

Comments

June 20, 2006 at 8:19 am
(1) Jen M. says:

I am getting a kitten on Sunday, or monday, from the Humane Society and I am so excited! Me and my family have our eye on this one grey kitten, and she is really cute.
If anyone has any last minute tips for me on kitten care, or how to pick out the kitten that’s right for the family then let me know… thnx alot!

June 20, 2006 at 4:18 pm
(2) Courtney Baumer says:

I have a grey tiger cat.She is really cute but she isn,t good around other cats.She even drove my new cat to run away.Any tips to help her get along with other catsw would be appreciated.

June 21, 2006 at 9:03 pm
(3) Lisa says:

yah I’m gettin a cat soon too, and I wonder if I cud have any last minute tips on about it. Thx lots!!

June 23, 2006 at 6:49 pm
(4) Jen M. says:

HEY LISA! Wow.. thatz awsome! your getting a cat too! That is so kool… what kind do you want? where are you getting your from?
I am getting mine at the Humane Society! Comment me back!

June 23, 2006 at 9:40 pm
(5) Lisa says:

Jen:
Yupz. It’s kinda hard which one to get, but I think i want a classic tabby. I want a 9 week old kitten.I’m gettin’ it from a friend. Her cat had 4 kittens, and they were all cute. I have kept my eyes glued to the runt (The smallest one!) He is a tabby. Good luck on gettin a kitty!
Lisa

February 12, 2008 at 11:07 am
(6) trumterd says:

I just want to say have alot of fun with your kittens and please keep them house cats. They live longer and are healthier. Remember to Spay & Neuter (o:

February 12, 2008 at 6:32 pm
(7) Ed_K says:
February 14, 2008 at 12:06 pm
(8) Jill says:

What wrong with their faces?

September 29, 2009 at 7:01 am