1. Home

Franny Syufy

Feline Telepathy

By February 16, 2013

A reader from Nottingham, England emailed me a few years ago:

The subject of feline telepathy came up recently and I amongst others was dismissive of the existence of such a thing. However, on the day that I had to have my own cat put to sleep after almost 16 years, a cat very similar to my own visited the garden shortly after i had buried him. He walked around briefly, then departed. I had not seen this cat before (or since.) Thinking little about it, I was out with a friend in a bar where they had a cat. This cat had previously shunned me, but tonight he came to me and spent at least ten minutes perched on my table seeking love and attention. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions, but did he sense the loss I was feeling? You must admit that this does warrant further debate.
Stephen

This subject falls somewhere along the lines of "do cats have souls?", which has drawn a lot of reader-submitted stories. Along these lines, my personal feeling is that Stephen's cat has chosen these two other cats as vehicles to communicate to him that he is okay on the other side.

On the other hand, professional animal communicators draw heavily on telepathy when communicating remotely with cats and other animals. In a way, communicating with cats telepathically could be described simply as "listening." I have said on this site for over a dozen years that "I believe that our cats can teach us important lessons about life, death, love, and loyalty, if we will only listen." It would be a wonderful experiment to practice listening to what our cats are telling us. What say you, readers? What are your thoughts and feeling about telepathy with cats? Do you have any other personal experiences to relate? Add your comments to those posted here previously.

Comments

May 23, 2009 at 8:28 pm
(1) Ingrid says:

I’m fairly new to this site, and I’ve liked everything I’ve seen so far, but Franny, now you’ve pushed me over the edge from “like” to “love” with your sentence “I believe that our cats can teach us important lessons about life, death, love, and loyalty, if we will only listen”.

I think animals are the greatest teachers. They are so much more connected spiritually than most humans, and if we open ourselves up to their wisdom, the changes in our lives can be absolutely amazing.

My upcoming book “Buckley’s Story – Lessons from a Feline Master Teacher” illustrates the significant role animals play in our lives by teaching us universal lessons about opening the heart and living a joyful life. It’s the story of how one small cat changed my life in ways I never could have imagined. Buckley challenged me to overcome long-held emotional patterns and taught me about opening the heart, following intuition, and living a life filled with joy. The book will be published later this year.

May 23, 2009 at 10:07 pm
(2) Sika says:

Whether it’s telepathy or empathy, I do believe that your pets can grow so close to you as to know your moods and feelings and respond accordingly. I know when I’m feeling down, my big guy Hank seems to instinctively know what’s gong on and pours on the feline love which almost always brings me out of my funk! He can also do a great Vulcan mind-meld! (jez kidding- great article)

May 25, 2009 at 3:10 am
(3) kat says:

I never thought much about cat communication(although have enjoyed many cats throughout my 81 years) until my 13 year old Maggie, grey tabby, died. She had grown up with her litter mate Kate, a calico, both of whom I’d gotten as kittens at a rescue center. The day after Maggie died, Kate & I were sitting in living room reading(me!)when a wispy, ethereal-like imageof Maggie seemed to leap high across the room, at which time Kate suddenly raised her head to look at the same spot where I thought I could see a filmy Maggie. Were Kate & I both hallucinating??!!

May 25, 2009 at 11:30 am
(4) Temily_Emily says:

Backstory:
My Dad and his cat Cindy are very close and have a strict daily routine that rarely deviates from the norm. She will wake him up at 4:00am in the morning and follow him around while he does his daily tasks, and faithfully crawls into bed at around 8:00-9:00pm with him and my Mom.

That being said, my Dad’s schedule had been essentially turned upside down. My Grandfather (My Dad’s Dad…Not my Mother’s.) was going to pass on. My parents, Uncles and Aunts were all taking shifts driving to town (An hours drive away.)to be with my Grandma and Grandpa to wait for the inevitable to happen.

The night of my Dad’s last “Shift” (It was supposed to start at 1:00am) Cindy would not stop pestering my Dad to get up. He finally got up about 20 minutes to 1:00am. He and my Mom left right away.

They made it to the hospital just barely 5 minutes before my Grandpa passed away.

I’m sure Cindy got plenty of extra treats when my Dad got home.

I’m sure Cindy knew…

May 25, 2009 at 5:44 pm
(5) Nancy A. says:

Another recent and very interesting book that deals with the spiritual nature of animals is “All Pets Go To Heaven” by Sylvia Browne. The book is available at Amazon.com.

May 25, 2009 at 11:32 pm
(6) KiLoMom says:

We had a very similar experience to Stephen’s. On the day we had to put our 18-year-old kitty Maggie to sleep, we were so distraught that we decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood that evening. As we were walking and crying, suddenly a little gray cat darted out from some bushes and started rubbing against our legs, purring loudly, going back and forth between my husband and me. This went on for several minutes, then just as suddenly, it ran away. We had walked that route many times before–and since–and had never seen that cat.

We both had the immediate reaction that we had been sent a message. A few weeks later, despite my vow that I would wait for a long time before getting another cat, I became obsessed with getting a couple of kittens. Even though it was November, we went looking. When we walked into a local rescue shelter, we spotted two beautiful little gray kittens. We took them into the play room and they both immediately cuddled into our laps and jumped on our shoulders. We had no choice–these were our cats, sent by our Maggie, with the little gray stranger cat as the messenger. We brought them home that night and they have been the most amazing cats I’ve ever known–incredibly loving, empathetic, social… We feel really, really blessed and glad we listed to the message we received.

May 26, 2009 at 9:49 am
(7) patricia williams says:

I am the proud parents of 14 cats. I love each and everyone of them the same. My cat Jax was always a loner, keeping to himself. My husband died of terminal cancer five years ago. When I got home from the hospital after my husband had just passed away hours before, I laid across the bed to try to rest. Jax came up to me and laid down beside me and slept in my arms that nignt and he continues to do so to this day. I think he is comforting me in the only way he knows how. It was just so strange for Jax to lay next to me.

May 26, 2009 at 3:46 pm
(8) Tim says:

I don’t think that it is “Telepathy” per se – I think that cats tend to be very good observers of unspoken cues (Even from humans). And I think that they have the ability to be a lot more caring and empathetic than we tend to give them credit for.

May 28, 2009 at 6:00 pm
(9) Dianne Williams says:

I certainly believe that cats have telepathic powers, especially between them. We brought in a mother cat and 3 kittens three years ago. About 15 months after we brought them in, the mother cat exhibited breathing difficulties. Around the same time, one of her kittens started peeing on our couch. After months of dealing with this and taking her mother to different vets to find the cause and treat her problem, we finally had her scheduled for surgery. What had been thought to be a tumor was scar tissue – her lungs and chest wall were solid with it. She never woke up – a blessing as she would have suffocated within two weeks. The night she died was the last night her kitten peed on the couch. It has been 15 months since Sasha’s death and Nadia has had no more ‘accidents’. She KNEW her mother was sick and was trying to tell us – and she knew when her mother was gone. Oh yes, cats definitely have telepathy!

May 28, 2009 at 8:04 pm
(10) jeanne illenye says:

Yes, I totally agree about cats having souls and communicating telepathically. I have had the experience of losing a cat to illness and another when hit by a car. Both times, as I dug their graves, my big tomcat stray accompanied me and sat there the whole time. In fact, both times he darned near fell into the graves! He was a huge comfort. Also, there was a story on TV here in the U.S. about a senior citizens care facility. It seemed that the night before someone passed away, the resident cat would somehow know. He’d find that person’s room and climb up on the hospital bed to keep them company until the moment arrived. This began to happen so often that it became quite evident that the cat sensed it was time. When some people were interviewed about the prospect of the cat paying them a visit on night, everyone said that it didn’t make them nervous or fearful, rather it gave them comfort to know they wouldn’t be alone when the time came. I also wish to mention a website http://www.georgeanderson.com/ and in particular, the pet page of that site in which George Anderson mentions that “Animals are the eyes of God.” He is a clairvoyant as was the famed Edgar Casey. Both communicated with animals as well as humans. Their historical cases are proof enough for anyone!

May 28, 2009 at 8:23 pm
(11) Christine says:

As Mr. Kitty got weaker and weaker, dying from an autoimmune disease, Precious, his playmate for only 3 months, laid beside him with her paw on top of his. It was so touching; she seemed to know and provided him with comfort. I took pictures of this. Today, nine years later, Precious will occasionally put her paw on my hand, arm or shoulder. She is a “feeler.”

May 29, 2009 at 4:32 am
(12) Carole says:

I lost one of my cats,Purdy, a few years ago who was very close to me. She was the sort of cat that wanted to be on my lap all the time showing her love and affection. She was also a hunter, terrorising the local birds. I was very tearful in missing her and about a week after her passing, I was sitting reading a weekend colour supplement which was in my lap. I was astonished to come across a full page colour advert for Whiskas cat food which featured a beautiful cat who looked just like my Purdy, with the words “Everyone gets on better these days. Purdy dozes while the Birdies play” It couldn’t have been more apt. Needless to say, I was overcome with emotion. I have never seen that advert published anywhere else since then, but I do have my copy.

May 29, 2009 at 6:39 am
(13) Karen says:

I have had several sessions with a pet communicator and I have to say that everything she said was right on….those sessions helped through many different situations. It’s amazing what our kitties are trying to say to us!

May 29, 2009 at 8:48 am
(14) Robin S. says:

I have believed for years that cats have souls. (Actually, all animals.) The telepathy part…definitely. When our 11 1/2 year old cat died, my son and I noticed two cats we’d never seen in our front yard, sitting, staring at our door. They sat quietly for a few minutes before getting up and leaving. We haven’t seen either cat since…and it’s the only time in the 17+ years we’ve lived here that there have been more than one cat wandering through our yard. It was as though they were paying their respects.

My two new kitties, both 2 years old, are very sensitive; when I’m feeling down, they’ll either snuggle up and be very loving or start clowning around, as though trying to make me laugh.

May 29, 2009 at 10:39 am
(15) Barbara says:

My Mom’s cat, Tucker, is a loud mouth. When Mom would go on vacation or for a visit with her Mom, Tucker would tell anyone who was around that he was not happy with Mom being gone. He would get up on the front porch (Mom and Tucker lived in the mother-in-law apartment downstairs) and let my brother and sister-in-law know he was mad.

Mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly about two months ago. Tucker does not go around yelling at people. He often sits on the carpet in front of the outside door, just staring (he never did that before). When he uses his door to go outside, he doesn’t go up on the front porch and yell about Mom being gone. Yes, he still talks with people and wants attention, but nothing like before when he knew Mom was coming home. He has been like this since we came home from the hospital after Mom passed. Tucker knows she’s not coming back and he’s just waiting until it’s time for him to join Mom.

May 29, 2009 at 11:10 am
(16) Diann B says:

I definitely agree that cats have telepathy and have had great examples of it recently. My beloved 18 yr old cat, Max, died a month ago and we shared an unbelievably close bond. I would have sworn he could read my mind! My other two cats, Oreo and Cory, since Max’s passing have adopted a lot of Max’s habits that they never showed before. Oreo is now the one meowing at me to get off the computer at 11pm and go to bed just as Max always did. He is also MUCH more vocal than he was before–Max was my “talker”. Cory is now my cuddler and out of the blue is now playing fetch with me (both Max specialties). And last night I was missing Max terribly on the way home from work and out loud (yes I’ll admit it!) said “Please Max, send me a rainbow so I’ll know you’re OK where you are” and just that instant a rainbow appeared! Coincidence? No, I knew it was Max reassuring me he’s OK!

May 29, 2009 at 11:24 am
(17) catlady3 says:

In regard to feline telepathy, I can believe it. I adopted my senior cat, Percy, who died recently when I was suffering from depression. He always knew when I felt the worst and he was there with me.
After he died, I went to the Humane Society and met another tuxedo cat, Salem, who was 10 years old. Salem immediately rubbed noses with me and began purring. I teared up because he reminded me so much of Percy. It was if Salem knew I needed him as much as he needed me. I adopted him and he is timid by nature and doesn’t let everyone approach him. Yet, with me, his response was very different.

May 29, 2009 at 6:42 pm
(18) Shae says:

As an Animal Communicator, I can tell you that I listen to animals and have for years. It is a wonderful tool and an amazing insight to know that animals do not think like humans. They see things in a way that is not finite, but infinite. Truly they are unconditional love beings that do have their feeling hurt – but not by what most of us would think. there are also the colorful few who have “cat-titudes” but are hysterical in their royalty. Dogs, cats, birds, snakes, etc – all talkers!

May 29, 2009 at 7:11 pm
(19) eileen abell says:

Fred, my 17 year old companion, died in his sleep in March. I’d given him a young “nephew”, Stanley, 4 years ago (but who sadly died of kidney failure in January aged only 5). Fred and Stanley got on fine, but after Stanley died, Fred just lost interest in life and went downhill faster than I had judged he would. Fred had been my dog-cat, he walked everywhere with me, gazed up into my eyes, was my furry alarm-clock and everything, but when Stanley died, he seemed to sense that his own time was near. So I lost 2 dear cats in 2 months. A few weeks after Stanley was put to sleep I adopted a rescue cat, Henry, who was to keep Fred company through his aged days, in place of Stanley, sadly. However, Henry has somehow adopted Fred’s ways, ie coming up to the “Teas-Maid” for milk in the mornings, asking for milk from saucer, waking me up if I “drop off” by batting me with a paw – just like Fred did – BUT HE NEVER SAW FRED DO THAT! as he only came into the house after Stanley died (who never joined in those activities) and never came into the bedroom long after Fred had become too frail/ill to show him what to do. I’m sure somehow there is telepathy or something at work here, but I’m a very normal/grounded person and am suspicious of “mumbo-jumbo” type of interpretations. Make of this what you will. Eileen Abell

May 30, 2009 at 10:19 am
(20) Sandy says:

Hi Franny, It helps to believe the when we pass we will see our beloved pets again. My Max that you had on your “white cats” display for the month of I think February came to me after my father died, and the way he would stare at me with the baby blues, and his habit of wanting a taste of everything I cooked made me feel as though my dad was communicating with me through him. Max’s personality and actions reminded me so much of my dad it was scary. “Holly” was a kitten my dad rescued, and she was so ill and would have died had he not called me to take her to the vet and care for her. She passed away the year my dad died in 1996, and she used to walk around our house, calling me “MOMMA” all of the time. Poor Holly she was a very special cat and I still miss her and sometimes something will happen that makes me feel as though she is with me.

June 5, 2009 at 1:34 am
(21) Sandy says:

There was a cat that lived at a hospice here in our town. He passed away last year after being there for years.
He was a very special cat.
Everytime someone was very close to passing away this cat would be in the room.
I personally witnessed this 3 times. The people enjoyed having him around for company and for comfort. But at the same time it was almost spooky. It was like he just knew.

July 4, 2009 at 2:01 pm
(22) Anup says:

I came across your blog site purely by accident, and it shook me up, because I had an identical, eerie experience ! We had cats in our old house since 1983, several generations from one female kitten whom we rescued after she was nearly abandoned.

Briefly, I had a girl cat named “Black Baby”, born February 9, 1987, a great-great grand daughter of my original kitten. She took a liking for me when she was only a month old, and was very loving, always staying close to me, and like so many other cats, waiting at the window sill for my return home after office work. She always meowed loudly and insistently to me whenever she wanted anything. She was also a bit ‘hot-tempered’ in a way, like scratching me crossly if I was late in serving food. We were so close, that at times I used to play with her a game, where I used to take her in my arms and amble around my house, mentally telling her: “Point your nose wherever you want me to take you to, and I’ll carry you there.” She obediently used to point her nose at places in the room where she couldn’t’ jump up and investigate. Once she pointed at a black spot on the wall, some 4-1/2 feet above her (obviously out of her reach), and I took her within reach. Her eyes squinted closely at the black spot (which happened to be a spot of paint) perhaps thinking that it might be a motionless insect.

Then suddenly, came a day, when our maidservant came running frantically to me and my mother, saying, “Black Baby is dead !” Jolted, I asked her, “Where is she ?” And I was told the cat was in the gutter outside our house gate. It was past sundown, and I had difficulty seeing in the darkness of the dry gutter, which was lined with granite stones. I found my cat, lying quite still, but living, took her up in my arms and carried her home. She was still breathing, but utterly paralyzed. Her pupils were grossly dilated, but unseeing. She weakly tried to move her legs, twitching occasionally. We stood by helplessly, praying. There was nothing we could do. I stayed awake with her all night, and she died at 3.20 AM on January 11, 1988. That day I had to go to the office, but felt like there was lead in my throat, and a heavy stone in my stomach and I felt like a part of my soul had gone. I had to dispose of her little body, and that too weighed heavily on my mind.

Some 2 nights later, my window curtains moved suddenly and I noticed that a feline form had slipped quietly into the room. The cat was almost the same size and appearance as my departed friend, but whereas my girl cat was completely black, this newcomer was dark greyish-black. The cat went under the bed before I could get a proper glimpse of it. I knew it was an unknown cat, not one who belonged to us. Then suddenly the cat came out from under my bed and came straight to me, rubbing its nose with mine, in a manner my Black Baby used to. I thought it was indeed my girl cat returned from the grave, but no, this was a stranger. What mystified me was how this stranger got into my house, and behaved like the one I lost ? At that time I thought it was really my cat, but after noticing its colour to be different, I realized it was just a “coincidence”.

Your article mentions a visitation shortly after death of a loved cat, like in my case.

July 10, 2009 at 1:00 pm
(23) aattura says:

Do cats have souls? Of course! They are animals (just like we humans are animals– we’re mammals) — and “ANIMA” is the Ancient Latin Word for….”Soul.”

The ancients knew alot more than we give them credit for, eh?

(For that matter, so do the animals)

July 10, 2009 at 1:14 pm
(24) aattura says:

After my beloved Princess kitty had her second operation for cancer, the vet had to put her in the hospital’s incubator, to try to raise her body temperature, which would not go back to normal. I guess Princess was in shock.

The staff allowed me to see her, and I left her there for the night, and went home to sleep fitfully, being very worried about her. Early that morning Princess “materialized” through my bedroom window, and landed on the file cabinet that she loved to lie down on (it’s carpeted!) and relax. i KNEW it was Princess, even thoug: She was dressed in the Night Sky” — wearing the living night sky on her body instead of her fur. Her face was dark greyish blue, the clouds and stars were moving on her body, and there was a crescent moon on her chest. She was looking at me, even though she had no facial features, and she was Young, Beautiful and in the BEST of health. I woke up and said “OH NO!! Did she die??!!” No — I called the hospital – they said her body temp was back to normal and she was rady to go home — with stitches and a drain in her chest. It took her a long time to heal, and I gave her the very very best of care.
A few weeks later I asked an Animal Communicator about the dream. She told me “Princess was standing on ‘The Edge’ — if she had crossed over, she could not have returned to you– but she chose NOT to cross over because she and you still had some things to work out.”

And when Princess DID cross over, 8 months later, the night sky looked JUST as it had on that night she appeared to me in that “dream”. I looked up at it (we were stopped at a traffic light on the way to the Vet’s at 2 in the morning, with my dying Princess lying quietly in the carrier next to me, looking at me) and I told her “Look at the Sky!! Soon YOU will be a Star in the Sky!” (oh my heart BROKE when she died!!!!)

By the way, I did not know it back then, but the night she appeared to me in that dream there WAS a crescent moon in the sky (I looked it up in my Almanac, months afterwards).

Humans are the crown of creation? Sometimes I wonder……

September 16, 2009 at 3:40 pm
(25) Sharon says:

Most of these comments before mine seem to involve cats and death. Mine doesn’t. Its just about my little black and white kitten, Scarlett, who at the time of writing this, I have had for about a month and she communicated with me telepathically for the first time a couple of nights ago. What happened was she kept pestering me and generally being a nuisance (bless her) during the night, tearing around the room, jumping around on the bed, rustling bits of paper, nuzzling me to wake me up and that kind of thing. Well, at 3:00am I was trying not to respond to this and as I started to drift off back to sleep, I got an image in my head that she had managed to dig out the contents of her litter tray and that it was all over the floor. Anyway, when I got up next morning I found that she had in fact dug something up albeit not her litter tray put a plant pot in the kitchen that we were going to plant some herbs in to grow. There was soil all over the place, including in her water bowl. The water that had been in the bowl she had somehow managed to empty all over the kitchen floor.

I believe that she was trying to tell me “I’ve made a huge mess and now I have no water and I’m thirsty – come and help me please” and when her efforts to wake me up were unsuccessful she projected an image into my head which didn’t come through 100% accurate, but I’m sure that what I “dreamt” was planted in my head by her.

Like I said, she’s only a little kitten and I’ve not had her long. We’re already very close though and if we can communiate this way already, I’m looking forward to more amazing stuff in the future (hopefully it won’t always have to involve her having put soil all over my kitchen for me to clear up at 6:30am!)

(Incidentally, for anyone worried about her being thirsty all night I don’t think there was really much of a problem – there was a puddle of water on the kitchen floor which she could drink from if she was desperate and also she seems to have no problem with helping herself to water out of the glass that I keep by my bed during the night).

October 5, 2009 at 11:51 am
(26) Ruth says:

I recently read a book called A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass that had a cat in it. This cat’s owner was sure the cat had a piece of her granddad’s soul, and when the cat died, she discovered his footprints on a painting of her granddad. The prints led straight through the painting and up toward heaven. Definitely a “cats have souls” story. And in the end– Well, I won’t spoil it, but I will say, the cat (Mango) sends the owner a dream about the cat’s son, a little kitten the owner decides to adopt and name Mustard. = )

June 30, 2010 at 3:11 pm
(27) Janet Candy says:

I am completely convinced that cats are telepathic -yet I’m not usually a nutcase! I have spoken to 2 other cat owners who have had the same experiences…for example, we find we only have to THINK about a grooming session or trip to the vet, and the cats shoot outdoors with uncharacteristic speed. This happens when I haven’t said a word and haven’t produced either a grooming tool or travelling basket. Explain that!! Janet

July 11, 2010 at 4:56 am
(28) jammie says:

recently i was siting outside in my yard as i like to do in the summer when i first wake up at around 5pm (i work midights as the post office). i sit out have a coffee and look at my stocks and emails on my laptop. i live behind a communication tower and a large field surrounds it. twice a year a farmer is paid to cut and bail it for a total of 4 visits per year (twice to cut twice to bail).the summer days in edmonton alberta are long, 18 hours of sunlight and quite nice (72-85f all summer) so you can imagine my cat just loves it out there in the field full off mice and birds! on this particular day the farmer was out without notification. i was sitting out in the great weather and as the tractor and brush cutter went by i thought to myself “jeez i hope my cat aint out there, i hope she is ok and is out of that field right now”. but she wasnt ok, no sooner did the thought cross my mind, and i mean instantly after, my cat came screaming over the fence in pain. her right left leg had been hit by the brush cutter and was hanging off like a chicken wing, all torn and bloody. i swear i have post traumatic stress disorder after this day. she was so hurt i just freaked out and cried, but my old army training kicked in and i went into action. i grabbed her kennel and coaxed her into it and drove her to the hospital. she had her leg amputated the next day and is doing quite well after the surgery. i feel she told me through telepathy that she was coming home in a hurry and she was hurt badly. why would i feel it like that? i mean, my exact fear at that exact moment was realized? the timing was just too real to ignore. so i started talking to people at work and then found some info on the web. i am now a believer in what the egyptians have believed for 6000+ years, cats have powers…supernatural powers. and i love my supernatural cat even if she does have only 3 legs now! [ For your protection email link deleted by About.com Cats Guide]

August 17, 2010 at 1:40 pm
(29) Susan Munro says:

I had to put my 15 yr. old Himalayan (Merlin) down and it was the saddest thing I have ever done. I got up Monday morning and fed the 2 new Siamese kittens and my 2 two and a half year old Himalayans and went back to bed but only to cry my heart out. My female Himalayan Molly, who is not particularly demonstrative, came up on the bed, lay in front of my chest, looked into my eyes and laid her paw on my cheek. Yes, animals know when you are grieving and she was very sad that I was sad.

March 10, 2011 at 11:02 am
(30) Janet Wickell says:

Franny, I’ve taken classes from a wonderful animal communicator. Her name is Patty Summers and she is the real deal. And have been able to actually learn to tap-in, but will never have her wonderful gift. I’ve had many sessions with her over the years, and it’s so comforting to hear from them when they pass… and to listen to their (often funny) opinions then — and while they are still with us. Not a kitty, but when we first bought our house and moved in, I was walking from the garage to the laundry room, where there’s also a screen door because it used to be a carport. I looked through the screen and saw our little Yorkshire Terrier standing there. Briefly. She had passed a year or so before and I know she just stopped by to inspect the new digs. Could go on with other things, but don’t want you to think I’m TOO awfully crazy :-)

April 4, 2012 at 3:35 pm
(31) L. Carter says:

Cats are definitely telepathic.

I’m a psychic, but not professionally. I was just born with telepathic abilities and, just like that boy in the movie, “I see dead people”. This is something I keep private because I don’t want to be treated or seen differently.

Well, the thing is that although I have seeing many ‘ghost animals’ before (witch, by the way, prove that not only cats but all animals have soul), I never had a telepathic experience with any animal until about two years ago. I have a very special cat that suddenly broke her tail in the apartment with no apparent reason. She’s a very fit and agile adult cat and I really didn’t know how that happened to her. I rush to the vet clinic with her and the kind and professional peopled there were able to fix her tale. She was going to fully recover from it. I was so relieved!

Latter that night, at home, I was looking at her and thinking “how the hell did you broke your tail, little one?”. I was trying to imagine how that could have happened. Then she she fixed her eyes on my eyes and she started showing me (with vivid images) how she fell from the top of her cat tree. It was an amazing experience! I could see the whole scene from her point of view and that astonished me. Then I realized that she probably tried to communicate with me telepathically many times before, but I guess I was just not paying any attention.

Since that day I’ve being practicing visual telepathic communication not only with her but also with my other cats and it all goes well. Some cats are not that interested in communicating, but some of them, as my little kitty, is a master and she’s always willing to ‘talk’.

My husband isn’t a psychic, but he’s also learning how to communicate with our cats. I think that if we really pay attention and understand that is all about images and not language, the possibilities are endless!

February 16, 2013 at 6:03 am
(32) MarjH says:

I do a lot of work with street cats and I also have cats at home and have done for years. What I find interesting is that not all, but many street cats seem to know that we are “cat-friendly” everywhere we go. There seems to be recognition when we make eye contact and they do not run away, whereas they run or hide from other passersby. Living with multiple cats I am convinced they communicate telepathically with one another. For example when one of them sets out on a project, such as opening the screen door, suddenly the rest will appear from all corners of the house to watch or participate. Many times when my cats stare at me intensely it is clear that they are trying to make me understand something while making no sound. I know they are great pattern recognisers, but I believe it’s more than that.

February 21, 2013 at 2:32 pm
(33) Irene says:

My cat Armand had been sick for a short time and passed away in the night. I had figured he would last until morning but at 2 AM I woke up because the house was too quiet. He had passed then. I was extremely cold out and the ground was frozen (February) so I couldn’t get him in ground right away. I dug what ground I could, placed him in the indentation wrapped in the towel he would sleep on. I placed a large heavy planter over him so nothing could get at him. As soon as the ground was soft enough I finished digging the hole and formally placed him in it saying a little prayer for my furbaby. That night I dreamt that he came to me and purred at me rubbing against my legs and licked my hand. I took that to mean he was finally at rest and was thanking me.

February 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm
(34) Hunky says:

Ihad taken in a stray cat years ago, who I had to finally put down as he was having seizures. This cat was the light of my life, and my best friends always said that “Skinny” died and went to kitty heaven when he found me. It took me five months to get him to come into my house and when he finally did, he never left my side. His favorite spot to sun himself was in a small flower garden in front of the house. He never went far, except to cross the street to a neighbors house when I wasn’t around, so she could lavish him with love. When he passed, I buried him in his favorite little garden. To my amazement Daiseys, that I had planted nine years ago that did not come back the next season, all bloomed! It was lush and beautiful and very full! I feel that was “Skinny’s” way of thanking me for all his good years, and that he was in Kitty Heaven, and no longer in pain. I still miss him, and look forward to this years garden and hope it will be the same as last years. I re-named it “Skinny’s Garden”

February 21, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(35) Norm Ishimoto says:

This is a 2-part story about my late cat, Fred, a predecessor, and his possible soul-descendant.
My wife & I have had cats for over 40 years and lived in our house 35. For years I’ve heard a sensation of a cat’s paws thumping onto the floor from a coffee table that was near my bed but removed over a decade ago. One night, Fred was sitting by me as I read in bed. We heard the thump; Fred looked at the spot of hitting the floor, and his head turned as he tracked the invisible cat walk through the room and out the door. He didn’t act hostile, protective, or frightened, he just looked at what he saw. I am sure it is the ghost of a departed cat whom we’d rescued as a kitten at a subway stop, and eventually died of cancer.
Fred died in August 2012 also of cancer, he wasted away for five months. On Labor Day, we adopted a kitten about 4 months old, another SPCA stray (19 years earlier, Fred had chosen me at the SPCA). Both are black DSHs, Fred had a little white blaze on his chest, Pedro has tougher hair and a tabby forehead. He somehow has many of Fred’s habits, his understanding of English, and even advanced knowledge of the habits of my wife and I. He also seems to have discarded Fred’s two worst habits – being condescending towards me and our other cat, Alou, and ordering me around. Pedro has bonded with Alou; they romp and snooze together.
I don’t think it is possible for a cat to transfer his soul to another while both are alive, and as there’s no way to know we’d get Pedro out of 50 available. But Fred and I had a very close relationship, and it’s a nice to believe that he figured out a way to return to us.

February 21, 2013 at 3:04 pm
(36) Claudette says:

My snowshoe rescue visits the sick on my floor I live in a high rise and allow hallway walks if someone is ill she sits at their door. Most are elderly in the bldg . I always check on them when she does this. And she is always right. I use tocookfor an 85 year old man every night unless I was working. each night at exactly 6:30 pm she went to the door asking to go and would down the hall and sit at his door. tonymynow deceased. Friend had to give up his 3 cats due to relocation and health. Lacey kitty must have felt his distress and insisted upon seeing Tony . When Tony died she howled for days beginning around the hour he died. I am a believer

February 21, 2013 at 3:47 pm
(37) linda says:

We have 4 and were moving. Cheetah demanded to be outside….just tore things up if we tried to keep him in. We didn’t think we could successfully move him and I was going to get a neighbor to feed him and watch over him, calling us if there was a problem. WE talked openly about “leaving Cheetah behind. He started coming in regularly for meals and curling up on the chair to sleep. The morning of the move, I looked out on the porch to see him sitting inside one of the open carriers…like he was waiting for instructions. I talked to him, telling him he could come but he would have to promise not to run away…because he could get killed in traffic. I know without a doubt he “understood” me. We moved him successfully, he was in the house for two weeks, totally chilled out. I know they “hear” us.

February 21, 2013 at 4:37 pm
(38) Marge says:

I’m an 82-year-old great grandmother. I’ve had animals most of my life.
My Mom was raised on a farm and grew up with barn cats. She would not allow a cat in the house.
Since I married in 1950 I have usually had both a cat and a dog in the house with me. I’ve given you some background so that you might know that I’m well accustomed to animals. My only comment is that I am constantly amazed by how intuitive animals are. A long time ago I read that all animals, including us two-legged human animals, at one time had a highly developed Extra Sensory Perception but that us human animals with our supposed superior knowledge have managed to sublimate that instinct. Other animals still have it.
It would explain how pets find their homes even if they have to travel miles and miles. It would explain the story about the dog who now goes to the church where his master’s funeral was held. It would explain why animals I have never seen before will come over to me to say ‘hello’.

February 21, 2013 at 7:45 pm
(39) Ann Bartholomew says:

I lost my Dad in Dec. 2009 and Fudge (my Tuxedo boy) had to be put down a month later due to breathing difficulties. I couldn’t stand not having a cat sleep with me (he was a cuddle bug) and when a young lady I knew couldn’t keep the cat she had been given because she was terrorizing her dog, I agreed to take her. But she never really wanted to sleep with me. About a month after Fudge left, I felt a cat walk on my bed like he used to, and I think it was his ghost checking up on me. About 5 months later I found an older male orange tabby on Craiglist & he is my cuddlebunny. So Fudge helped me ‘rescue’ two cats who needed a new home….

February 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm
(40) Anne Horning says:

In the late 60′s my brother joined the Seabees (Navy). The day he left for Paris Island for basic training his cat GT left also. The cat did not return and we were afraid he was dead. When my brother returned after basic, we were prepared to tell him GT was gone. We picked him up at the airport and as we turned in the driveway at home the cat was sitting on the front porch waiting to greet him. GT stayed in the house the entire time Joe was home. When we took him back to the airport, GT went out and didn’t come back. This behavior continued for the four years Joe was in the Navy. When he was discharged, GT returned home and spent the rest of his life with us. We never found out where he was going when Joe was gone or how he knew when he would be returning, but he was always there. They definitely had a connection we did not understand.

February 21, 2013 at 10:01 pm
(41) Judy Leigh says:

I’ve had several experiences like that of the man who was comforted over the loss of his beloved pet by another kitty. However, I attributed those times not to animal telepathy but to God’s love being expressed through what I believe to be one of his most perfect and delightful creations – a cat . I know I will see all my deceased friends again in heaven, alive and well forever. Jesus is called both the “Lamb of God” and the “Lion of Judah”. Quite a tribute to both those animals who will someday coexist in peace and harmony in a place that is far more wonderful anyone can even imagine.

February 21, 2013 at 10:16 pm
(42) Ginny says:

This is a different kind of experience. Cats definitely have souls and special healing abilities. 24 years ago, I was pregnant with my son, depressed because my husband and I were living separately at the time. I had become severely depressed because I been unable to reach him since we moved to a new city. I had brought with me a tabby cat that was a stray-Thomas. On this day, when I was so depressed I had decided to take two aspirin to get rid of my headache. Being 9 month pregnant and taking aspirin is not a good idea. Since I had been on other medications too, aspirin caused a drug reaction. My heart started pounding and room became fuzzy. My Thomas was laying on floor by door asleep. The last thing I remember was seeing Thomas sit erectly starring at me. Then I felt a falling feeling and everything was going dark. A sudden hard thud was felt on my chest, with a gentle massaging of tiny paws kneading my chest and YOWLING loudly. My friend and neighbor came over to see why my cat was upset, she had a Key to my place. She found me semi-conscious, and when she tried to move him-he bit her and kept kneading. She called 911 and when paramedics came they said I had a heart reaction and it appeared that “THE CAT SAVED MY LIFE BY RESUSCITATING MY HEART.” When they moved the cat who let THEM ( he knew if would be safe for paramedics to take over) my heart stopped. I was in hospital for two days and when I came home it was hugs and kisses from him. It did not bother him when I had my son two weeks later and brought him home. He was not jealous, but did sit and watch him closely as I slept. I felt comfortable with him as my watcher.

February 21, 2013 at 10:18 pm
(43) Ginny22 says:

February 22, 2013 at 12:31 am
(44) paula boughner says:

Ihave 6 cats. Four are adoptees,(they adopted me). Each hace come to me when I have just lost someone very close to me..The last was spot. He is marked like a Dalmation dog. He was a ferrel cat, along with thre others.. I took them all to our local Animal Outreach (they never destry any animals), got them all “fixed”, shots etc. A friend wanted barn cats, so when he came, three of the cats he was able to take, however Spot escaped, and would not come near the house for almost a year. I put food and water out for him, and one day I left the door open, and he came in. Now for almost a year, he won’t go out, until aboyt six months ago, he went out, and then came to the door tocomenin. We have yet been able too get close enough to pet him. He will curl up with one ofnthe Persion cats but won’t let me get close enough to pet him. We have had him for a little over two years. Anyone have ay ideas?????????

February 22, 2013 at 7:01 am
(45) Mesila says:

Yes, cats are telepathic. I have had slow, protracted success in picking up ways to make use of it, especially with my present cat Urrow. I suggest cats seem to respond to projections of images mixed with simple whispered words, leaving out words like ‘the’, ‘an’, etc. and always keep your messages in present tense. It may only work with smart cats and may take years for them to learn, and a certain kind of human to learn with them. But these are my thoughts.

February 22, 2013 at 8:57 am
(46) karen hermansen says:

This last December, we lost one of our elderly cats to heart disease. He was a professional lap warmer and cuddler and we were very sad to say goodbye to our friend. The next night, one of our other cats, who is very remote and does not like to be petted, jumped up on the couch and spent probably twenty minutes rubbing up against me and allowing me to pet him. This happened for several nights in a row. He does not do it so much any more, but he still is more affectionate than he used to be. We kidded that Jesse was channeling Sam, but I wonder if he was aware of our deep sadness and in his own way, was trying to comfort us? Or was it possible that Sammy was trying to tell us that he was okay now. If he did, he chose the right cat, because we would not have noticed if Pablo had shown us affection, because he always is cuddly. Jesse, however was very averse to physical affection, so it made an immediate impression!

February 22, 2013 at 1:30 pm
(47) Richard says:

Yes cats and dogs both have souls. They also have telepathy and great love to share. I have had many cats and dogs who became great friends with me and each other.
If man could be as honest and caring as our furry friends the world would be a far better place. We only have rescue animals, they are so loving when given the opportunity to live and love without fear of man.

February 22, 2013 at 10:57 pm
(48) Kim says:

I do believe cats have souls and afterlife. After we put down our cat, Rocky, i would catch shadows with my eyes. Also while in bed, I would feel one of our cats jumpimg up on it, even making a noise, and when I went to look or give some loves, noone was there.

February 23, 2013 at 2:16 am
(49) Ginny22 says:

There is a small colony where I live. One of the particular cats a full blooded chocolate point Siamese approximately 2 years old was among these. My son took a liking to him but he would not come inside. He would be cuddly, rub up against you, purr loudly but if you tried to pick him up and walk with him he would flip out of arms. Then he would not let anyone near him for a couple of hours. I found out one day that he had been forgotten in an apartment for 10 days when the owners moved away. . This was why he would not go inside. He lived in this colony for almost 4 years. One night, he got hurt badly affecting his spine and he was completely paralyzed with kidney problems so he had to be put down. I spent several hours with him, and I sensed his scaredness. I described the place of “rainbow bridge” to him and I felt his sense of calmness coming. I knew he was trusting me and felt my love, as I looked into his eyes. As our eye contact continued, I could feel him penetrate into my soul and it did not scare me. I believe that calmness gave him the confidence and trust me and calm down. I continued to stay with him while he was enthused and would not leave him, as he was passing I could feel his peace and his pain leaving. I held him for a short time after I knew he had passed. I felt that leaving him when he was ready was the proper thing to do. I cried for several days, looking at the picture of him that I had. Now randomly when I am sitting alone, or when I am sad I see him walk by and stop and look at me -then he is gone. I feel strongly that even though I miss him, he is trying to communicate that he is ok, and he appreciated what I had done for him when he was scared. Cats have healing powers and the Egyptians of long ago knew that. I believe that these healing powers are powered by telepathy.

February 25, 2013 at 9:10 pm
(50) Sherri says:

I think that there is a good chance that most animals have telepathy. It would make sense that an animal not having all the abilities that we have – not being able to speak – would be given a gift to help them to compensate for that loss.

My cat which recently died, was the first cat I have ever had that actually seemed to know what people said to him. I don’t mean simple things like ‘toy’ or ‘walk,’ but more complex sentences. He could walk into the room and I would say, ‘ you need to eat up all your food if you want to go outside.’

He would stop and look at me – then look at his bowl across the room – then back at me, and slowly walk over and start eating ( and raising his head to stare at me to make sure that I was taking this all in).
Very smart cat!

Right before he passed away, my other cat, who was very jealous, would go up to him and touch noses with him and act tenderly. Now that he is gone, she has started imitating his unusual ‘meow.’ When I was crying after he died, she came and sat on my chest and put her paw on my head.

I also had a cat who went and sat on the other cat’s grave site after I had buried him in the yard. He was not there during the burial, but somehow knew where the other cat was.

Another good book is ‘Animals in the Afterlife’, which has some great stories.

April 9, 2013 at 4:15 am
(51) Laura says:

I think my cat is communicating to me through an ex lover I still love, she is trying to tell me he still loves me, when I am crying and missing him, she looks out the window as if to say he is outside and she jumps up on me and sits beside me when she knows I am missing him. I think cats are telepathic with humans and know what you are thinking! Is this mad. Laura

April 21, 2013 at 9:24 am
(52) DD says:

I have to agree that cats are telepathic. I’ll be sleeping and have a thought or image of my cat, and seconds later he will jump next to me. After multiple times of this occurring, I’m convinced!

August 28, 2013 at 2:52 am
(53) Jim S. says:

I was given the gift of a telepathic link with a cat I adopted or should I say he adopted me.

When the link occurred it was like . . . becoming aware and my cat was startled when the link was made. This is not confused with empathy.

My friends visiting from around the world would know exactly when I was about to arrive home: always within five minutes so my friends would tell me he would jump up onto the same window sill. Just for the skeptics I would arrive home at varying times.

This was a cool cat until he died, the feeling of being ripped away was a new feeling since the link was a new feeling. Lasted for four years.

Other cats in the neighborhood the day my cat died came to the front lawn and just sat there; one howled over and over. This was kinda weird but cool at the same time; my cat was friends with everyone. Now unless the entire house of for were out to lunch and on drugs I am not aware of they too saw these cats.

November 1, 2013 at 1:35 am
(54) Don says:

I have a female cat that I found as kitten not more than 3 weeks old.She is about 6 months old now.

I am told that it waits for me in the window sill a good 5 minutes before I arrive home, as if it knows and is expecting me, and my arrival time varies from day to day. And there is also a fair amount of constant traffic so the cat can not hear the sound of my vehicle solely.

I travel weekly because of my work, and I noticed that I have dreams in which this cat appears VIVIDLY ,when I am away from home with her distinct markings and all!

I think of her sometimes, but not that much and I know I will be home in a day or 2 and it’s no big deal.

I feel that it is not me missing the cat triggering the dreams but she is somehow PROJECTING herself to me in the dream , because she wants me to come home Any comments or insight appreciated: taiwan.ukulele@yahoo.com Thank you

February 2, 2014 at 11:04 pm
(55) lisa hennessey says:

this morning i had decieded to visit my neighbor , who was sleeping, so i walked home seeing my other neighbor, we stopped to chat a while. all of a sudded i heard a little meow, meow. we started looking around and saw this little baby kitten stuck in the fence across the street. the lot was abandon, and the area has alot of strays, including a bald eagle who has single handed gotten rid of all the rabbits in the area! i approached the baby and he wriggled free and ran too me!!!! it is a sweet siamese kitten with the bluest eyes!!! i picked him uo and he started purring so loud, being rescued. i brought him home to my husbands dismay, we already have cats and dogs , but this is a special little baby!!!!! im keeping him . and hes now asleep by my side still purring happily……… i was ment to find him , the timing was perfect… we live on a busy road and pets get run over alot, so i know i saved him… i love all animals , and when i die god better have an ark ready for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!