1. Home

Franny Syufy

You've Gotta Be Smarter (Than the Cat)

By February 20, 2013

This was one of the first articles I published circa 2/20/97, when I was the Cat Lovers Guide, and today, on my 16th "GUIDEiversary" I'm celebrating by sharing this article with my readers.

The subjects of this article (Asa and Bubba) are both deceased now, romping together at the Rainbow Bridge, as I know their bond continues in another dimension. My writing style has changed somewhat since then, as has the look and feel of our web pages - we were known as "The Mining Company" back then. Our page colors were a puce green, and blogs were unheard of.

Are any of us actually smarter than our cats now? Bet me!

More Cat Humor:

Comments

February 21, 2011 at 7:02 am
(1) E says:

Thank you for all you do for this site, Franny.

Seriously? Puce? blech.

February 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm
(2) JaredA says:

Congratulations on your “blog-aversary” I appreciate your efforts and enjoy the information provided. Here’s to many more years.

February 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm
(3) barb says:

Congrats! Just ‘found’ your blog and I love the advice and guidance.
All the best to you and your kitty family! :D

February 23, 2012 at 8:50 pm
(4) Denise says:

I too recently found your blog and newsletters…i love it! Congrats to you

February 23, 2012 at 10:29 pm
(5) Kathy says:

Congratulations Franny!!! Have read you for years and love all the education you share over the years, along with your personal stories and trials, I’m sure alot of us feel like you are a personal friend. And your articles and blogs always answer questions that might be lurking in our minds, and make us feel like a community…knowing we’re not alone with learning on a daily basis about these mysterious little (okay, some are NOT so little) fur babies that live with us…and you’re right, they train US………Also the information on the cat food has always been a huge help, especially back when there was that terrible food poisoning episode…Sorry this is so long, but Happy Anniversary!! Here’s to more!!!! Thank you for all you do!!

February 25, 2012 at 2:46 pm
(6) Franny Syufy says:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kathy! I’m still learning a lot too, both from the “experts,” and from my readers. I love our wonderful community here!

February 27, 2012 at 9:31 pm
(7) Beth Peterson says:

Congratulations on your 15th, Franny!! :-D Glad Bubba is no longer disturbing the midnight hours, LOL.

February 21, 2013 at 8:45 pm
(8) Deborah Compton says:

I have spayed/neutered my male and 2 females. I have declawed the front claws in all 3 cats. Like a baby who has had things done to it, these cats do not remember that these things were done to them and they do not have any problems with any of it. They go outside and stay pretty much in the front yard and on the porch. 2 of my cats have had their teeth cleaned and one having her infected molers removed. My vet takes very good care of my cats and they are very gentle. One of my female cats has had one of her kidneys removed when the vet found a tumor on it and she is as frisky as ever. So, yes, taking your cat or dog to the vets at least once a year should be at the top of everyone’s agenda. I really have enjoyed my cats and I do love dogs but I work and dogs appreciate company more than a cat.

February 22, 2013 at 3:39 am
(9) Debbie says:

I want to wish you a belated “Happy 16th Blog-aversary” and thank you for all you have taught me about cats through your writing. When I meet people who want to learn more about their cats, I just point them in your direction!