The Bottom Line
- Superior protein sources
- Nutrients are "cold formed" for stability
- Limited availability
- Some cats won't eat "Lifesource Bits"
- High carbohydrate content is less than ideal for diabetic cats
- Top 4 Ingredients: deboned chicken, chicken meal, whole ground brown rice, whole ground barley
- "Human Grade" ingredients
- LifeSource Bits are cold formed to preserve nutrients
- Crude Protein: 34.0% Minimum (not converted to dry matter value)
Guide Review - Blue Spa Select Chicken & Brown Rice Formula (Dry)
Blue does not contain any corn fillers, but uses Oatmeal and Rye in addition to the carbohydrates mentioned above, a larger quantity of carbohydrates than I'd prefer. It also should be noted that although the company advertises "human grade ingredients," there presently is no definition for "human grade" approved by AAFCO.
Unfortunately, my cats carefully avoided the "Lifesource Bits," leaving a tidy pile of blue pieces at the bottom of the bowl. Because there is no "typical cat" when it comes to food preferences, other cats may love this food.