The Bottom Line
A well-rounded recipe, free of animal by-products or artificial preservatives, colors, and flavoring, make Wellness a firm top pick.
- Excellent protein source (real chicken)
- Fiber content from brown rice, oatmeal, and barley
- Prepared by baking, rather than extrusion
- Not all cats like the taste
- Protein (min.) 36.67%
- Fat 21.11%
- Fiber 5.55%
- Top ingredients: human grade chicken,chicken meal, chicken liver, gr. brown rice, gr. whole oats
Guide Review - Wellness Super5Mix for Adult Cats
Although Old Mother Hubbard first created dog biscuits in 1926, its Wellness Cat Food
line is in its infancy; first introduced in 2000. Wellness took off with a bang, though, and was judged "Favorite Food of the Year 2000" by The Whole Cat Journal. Wellness claims to use human grade meats in its recipe, although this description has not yet legally been defined. Other interesting ingredients, including sweet potatoes, carrots, sweet peas, blueberries, and apples, blend for a yummy meal for most discerning cats. Unfortunately, Old Mother Hubbard is no longer distributing to online stores, but Wellness is available in most large pet supplies stores.