The Bottom Line
Hot and cold therapy is now available and easy for pet owners to administer with the Pet Therapy Jacket. Recommended by veterinarians for treating arthritis, leg or muscle injuries, and post-operative or injury recovery.
- Light weight
- Velcro fastening
- Easy to fit
- 5 sizes (5-100+ pounds)
- Easy to attach/use hot and cold packs
- Fleecelike fabric, padded neck
- Machine washable
- May require training for acceptance
- Soft fabric reversible red/blue “jacket” with reflective lining
- Attaches with neck and body strap via Velcro
- Hot and cold packs Velcro anywhere on jacket
- Extra strap set for lower leg pack treatment
- One each reusable gel (cold) pack and heat pack
- Sized XS for cats 5-12 pounds, S for 12-35 pounds
Review - Pet Therapy Jacket
Cold and heat therapy provide noninvasive, safe treatments that help recovery from surgery or injury, as well as pain relief from arthritis—yet no cat wants to sit still while the owner holds an ice bag or heat lamp in place for the necessary time.
The Pet Therapy Jacket from FurWhat, Inc. provides an easy to use application of heat and/or cold therapy. The reversible machine washable fabric “jacket” is designed with easy to fit Velcro straps that snug around the cat’s neck, and under/around the chest. Seren accepted the modeling assignment, and moved freely around the room in less than 30 seconds. Other cats may take longer.
The product comes with a gel pack that holds cold for an hour after freezing 45 minutes, and attaches via Velcro to anywhere on the jacket (hips, shoulder, back) or around a lower leg via an extra leg strap. Cold therapy reduces swelling and is recommended for post-surgical recovery. Microwave the buckwheat and lavender heatpack for 30 seconds for 20-30 minutes of moist heat (helpful for arthritis pain). Extra strap/pack sets are available.