My Kitten's Name and Age at Adoption
Laying on my chest stretched out facing me with his beautiful blue eyes
My Kitten's Special Personality Traits
Fifteen years of being together almost every day except for vacations and a hospital stay after a surgery for cancer.
Significant Benefits of our Relationship
A peace of mind and contentedness that cannot be explained to someone that has not had a cat for most of its life.
Why I'd Do It All Over Again
It will never be the same as with Puff, but it is unique and complete surrender to each other.
What led me to adopt a shelter kitten
I had just gone thru a home invasion in which my roommate was murdered and I was shot. I felt so alone that I had to have someone with me.
How many visits did you make before adopting?
It was a spur of the moment visit as I was driving and I saw a shelter that I was driving by. I just had to stop and that was all it took. It was an instantaneous decision and I knew that this little kitten the size of my hand needed me as much as I needed him. I could not leave without him.
- If you find that one that grips your heart on the spot, do not continue your search.
- He just passed away after a second bout with kidney and pancreatic disease and it was so hard to have to make the decision to take him to the bridge.
- As the vet administered the shot, I held his head that felt so light and looked into his deep blue eyes until they faded to black.
- After holding him for the last time I felt such a loss that still grips me from time to time.
- Two years before he passed on I got Flambe' that was around 4 years old. Many have had problems bringing another cat in the home but had none with him.