You know you are kitty-whipped when...
- you know four cats are almost too many but, when another cat desperately needs a home, you manage to find room for a fifth.
- —Guest readerlady
When you get up at 5:30
- When my cat Caspurr wakes me at 5:30 a.m. I walk him to his food bowl which may or may not have food. He has an automatic feeder and no longer needs me to feed him, but he still wants me to show him where the food is! If he has no food left over, I will throw a few tidbits in the bowl to tide him over. So I guess I am necessary! Caspurr was dumped on the bike trail where I walk and he followed me, meowing loudly, until I picked him up. He was pure white with pink ears and nose and had blue eyes. He started purring immediately, hence the spelling of his name! The vet estimated he was eight weeks old. He is now 18 months old and is a sleek, beautiful cat. He weighs a whopping 17.2 pounds but is not fat. He is long and lean! My husband and I can't imagine not having Caspurr in our lives and we enjoy his antics. He loves to play and he will snuggle in our laps, giving us equal time. Yes, he's spoiled, but he deserves it!
- .... you let your cat lick your hand for so long in one spot that the skin actually comes off and it hurts for a week.
Let Sleeping Cats Lie
- you would rather have 3 cats (and heavy ones, at that!) sleeping on your legs, chest, and neck (so you can't breathe, your legs are numb, and you're choking), rather than move around and wake them up!
- —Guest Pat
BigShot is the cat!
- I began changing my sleep habits to accommodate my kitty's space needs.
You know your kitty-whipped when. ..
- you jump up at 3am to let the cat out and then again at 3:30am to let him back in.
- —Guest tkrynski
spot fresh seafood
- I forgot to add this, but Dafne is a Midwest transplant we picked up while living in New England. So, whenever we are at a party and I spot fresh shrimp I pocket it to take home just for her...I can't stand it but she loves it, but it has to be fresh and clean or it is unacceptable.
You're kitty whipped when...
- ...you open your eyes in the morning with a purring feline lying on your chest, staring you down until you get up to pour the morning's food. ...when you spend more time grooming her than you spend on your own 2-foot locks each day. ...when you roll over in bed, feel a barrier and go back to the uncomfortable position you just left. ...when you watch Animal Planet's cat shows just because you know it entertains her. ...when you stop reading a book or researching a story because she cannot get enough of lying on paper. ...you choose the fluffiest of yarns and spend days knitting cat beds for every window sill in the house.
You know YOU are kitty - whipped when
- You have given them all your furniture to lie in and YOU sit on the floor. When each of your rooms has at LEAST 2 kitty posts in them When they take up 2/3 of a double bed and YOU hang off the edge. When you can't go to sleep at night without telling them goodnight and how much you love them at least a dozen times. When you NEVER go on Vacation or leave the house for more than a few hours as you cannot possibly board them out!
You know YOU are kitty - whipped when
- You have given them all your furniture to lie in and YOU sit on the floor. When each of your rooms has at LEAST 2 kitty posts in them When they take up 2/3 of a double bed and YOU hang off the edge. When you can't go to sleep at night without telling them goodnight and how much you love them at least a dozen times.
You realize you're kitty-shipped when
- you get up from the computer to brush the cat who is standing on the keyboard blocking your view of the monitor.
- you can't get out of bed to go to the bathroom because there's a cat squooshed up to you on your left, a cat squooshed up to you on your right, and a cat sprawled across your chest with her tail up your nose. Bliss!
You Know You're Kitty Whipped When...
- you stop preparing your own dinner because they have announced they are ready for their treat. Once they are happily munching, you continuing preparing food for the two-leggeds in the house.
You know you are kitty-whipped when
- you turn the bells off the phone when the kittys are sleeping to not disturb them.
- —Guest Dixiebelle
You realize you're kitty whipped when...
- you move over in your own bed to let the cat sprawl sideways.
- —Guest Cameron