Let Sleeping Cats Lie
- you would rather have 3 cats (and heavy ones, at that!) sleeping on your legs, chest, and neck (so you can't breathe, your legs are numb, and you're choking), rather than move around and wake them up!
- —Guest Pat
BigShot is the cat!
- I began changing my sleep habits to accommodate my kitty's space needs.
You know your kitty-whipped when. ..
- you jump up at 3am to let the cat out and then again at 3:30am to let him back in.
- —Guest tkrynski
spot fresh seafood
- I forgot to add this, but Dafne is a Midwest transplant we picked up while living in New England. So, whenever we are at a party and I spot fresh shrimp I pocket it to take home just for her...I can't stand it but she loves it, but it has to be fresh and clean or it is unacceptable.
You're kitty whipped when...
- ...you open your eyes in the morning with a purring feline lying on your chest, staring you down until you get up to pour the morning's food. ...when you spend more time grooming her than you spend on your own 2-foot locks each day. ...when you roll over in bed, feel a barrier and go back to the uncomfortable position you just left. ...when you watch Animal Planet's cat shows just because you know it entertains her. ...when you stop reading a book or researching a story because she cannot get enough of lying on paper. ...you choose the fluffiest of yarns and spend days knitting cat beds for every window sill in the house.
You know YOU are kitty - whipped when
- You have given them all your furniture to lie in and YOU sit on the floor. When each of your rooms has at LEAST 2 kitty posts in them When they take up 2/3 of a double bed and YOU hang off the edge. When you can't go to sleep at night without telling them goodnight and how much you love them at least a dozen times. When you NEVER go on Vacation or leave the house for more than a few hours as you cannot possibly board them out!
You know YOU are kitty - whipped when
- You have given them all your furniture to lie in and YOU sit on the floor. When each of your rooms has at LEAST 2 kitty posts in them When they take up 2/3 of a double bed and YOU hang off the edge. When you can't go to sleep at night without telling them goodnight and how much you love them at least a dozen times.
You realize you're kitty-shipped when
- you get up from the computer to brush the cat who is standing on the keyboard blocking your view of the monitor.
- you can't get out of bed to go to the bathroom because there's a cat squooshed up to you on your left, a cat squooshed up to you on your right, and a cat sprawled across your chest with her tail up your nose. Bliss!
You Know You're Kitty Whipped When...
- you stop preparing your own dinner because they have announced they are ready for their treat. Once they are happily munching, you continuing preparing food for the two-leggeds in the house.
You know you are kitty-whipped when
- you turn the bells off the phone when the kittys are sleeping to not disturb them.
- —Guest Dixiebelle
You realize you're kitty whipped when...
- you move over in your own bed to let the cat sprawl sideways.
- —Guest Cameron
You Stop Work For Grooming
- When we first realized that the topical flea stuff was losing effectiveness and got a flea comb, the cats hated it. After a couple of combs, that all changed. My brood has now decided that my home office is grooming central. They usually let me get my first cup of coffee down before the line starts. Jealousy, Mischief and Patience wrestle to see who will be first in mom's lap. If Patience loses, since he isn't very patient, he just climbs on top of whoever won! Regardless of what my schedule for the day is, they will not be deterred. Mr. Kitty strolls in next and Simba brings up the rear. Once he is done, then it is my turn and I have to admit - you haven't lived until you're trying to read email while a 5-month-old kitten is standing in your lap licking your chin, cheeks and nose!
You know you are kitty whipped when...
- kitty emergency supplies are cans of tuna, people emergency supplies are canned beans.
- —Guest ShayeMcD
Do Not Disturb
- When you decide to watch TV from bed (nearly falling off the side) so that you don't have to move the big Ragdoll girl who's sleeping in your "spot."
- —Guest Janet Wickell