From the article: Compelling Cases for Souls of Animals
Do you believe cats and other animals have souls? Have you had any personal experiences that you feel back up those beliefs? Or do you think that when they die, they are just gone? Share your stories and opinions with other readers. Questions or responses to other Answers will not be published. Think of this as your own mini-article, but make your case as compelling as you can, within the character limits. Share Your Experiences
- Cats are Living Beings; of course they have Souls/Spirit. And their Spirit Lives On after they're gone. My Purrball died last week; & a couple days later she "visited" me. She just loved to dive into my Crafts on the table, happily spewing them everywhere. A couple days after she died, I woke up in the morning to find my livingroom in Shambles! Purrball had Visited; all of my Craft stuff was off the table & all over the floor, a big mess all over the livingroom - just exactly as she did in real life! I just had to Laugh - that was Purrball alright!! After that, I was'nt near so Sad, 'cause I knew she was in Heaven Happy.
- —Guest Louisa
Yes, cats have souls (duh)
- Yes, cats have souls. It is obvious to anyone who has ever loved a cat or a dog that there is a soul. It seems to me that personality is a function of the immaterial part of a being, and cats definitely have personality. This is, of course, an emotional response on our part and you could argue that humans attribute human qualities to things not human. Nevertheless, it seems to me that the burden of proof is on the side of those who argue against anecdotal reports of human behaviors, thus soul behaviors, from cats. Even from the theological standpoint, I would argue that cats have souls. Whether you are a dichotomist or a trichotomist, cats could be viewed as having both a material and immaterial part. There is also an argument from the continuity of identity (not enough space left), and the argument from praise & blame. If feel it natural to praise animals for helping humans and think they feel shame when scolded, we obvious treat them as having souls. Yes, cats have souls.
Do Cats Have Souls?
- Yes, I believe they do.They know when their owner is in pain, whether physical or emotional and they stay close by their side. Their hearts are full of love and that comes from the soul.My Aunt had a cat that died after she passed away- He stayed outside her bedroom door and would not eat- The Vet said he diad of a broken heart.That`s soul. Just after I added my opinion,,My George died the 7th of this mo.,Nov.-- he was nearly 16- I am comforted by the other comments posted here, that he is secure in Heaven and I thank-you for that- Sincerely, Jean
- —Guest Jean Breton
Do Cats Have Souls?
- Yes, cats as well as all animals have souls. The soul is the life force energy that animates the bodies of all living things and gives them consciousness and awareness. All you have to do is look into an animals eyes to know. They feel pain and experience joy and love just as we do. They have strong family bonds with their offspring and companions (both human and animal). Like human beings, cats and all animals are creations of God. They deserve love and compassion, and they also give it back to us.
- —Guest Tumeria Langlois
The afterlife of my cat...
- I have believed in animals having a soul and moving forward to an afterlife and eventually re-incarnating again like humans, but for animals the time on the other side can be short or long, but not as long as for us humans. My cat, my great love had to be put to sleep, because of serious illness. He didn't die at home. For this reason I was so glad that he came to our and his home two days after he passed over. He stood in the middle of the living room floor and let out a cry. The cry was the same as when he had a pain while alive, but I clearly understood that it wasn't a pain issue, he communicated to me that he was confused and didn't understand what had happened to him. I consoled him and then he was taken away, by helpers on the other side. I'm so glad that this happened. I wanted him to return to our home, if only for a minute to be sure that he could find us . Now I'm waiting until he is whole in his spirit body and expect him to let me know that all is well with him now.
- —Guest Ellie
Cat's have souls...Indeed they do!
- For a HUMAN to have a "Soul" a "Human" must be "Soulful". When you define it from that, I.E. "Would a Human Pull Another Human From A Burning Building?" (And CAT's have been known to do this with OTHER Cat's, Kittens, and even their "Humans", it proves that they are INDEED Soulful. They have compassion. and a need for LOVE and Attention which shows they can PROVIDE Love and attention. Having a "Soul" does NOT mean your Cat will go to Heaven,or The Bardo or maybe ANYWHERE at all when it dies. There is ONE thing that IS sure. Energy can not be destroyed, it can only be CHANGED. Ergo, made into something NEW and different. I do not pretend to KNOW if YOUR cat will follow you to "Your" Heaven or "Bardo" or maybe "No-Where". THAT debate can go on ad nauseam. What I DO know, is that when I see something that REMINDS me of my beloved lost creature, it "Sparks" something in me. A Feeling, happiness,Joy, and sometimes Sadness. They DO live on. But if it's in the mind or Nature Its a Mystery. ET
- —Guest Ethan Tudor W.
Gone but never forgotten
- My beautiful cat is dead, oh my god, I am totally lost without you my baby, you were everything to me and the light has gone, what can I do, I will never see you again in your glory, the joy and happiness you brought me, I am so sad and so sorry you had to die the way you did, why why why, I just don't understand, you are no longer when you were so young, you were so beautiful, full of life, I can't have you back, you are gone somewhere safer i hope, your little life has given me purpose to live and to get up for, to give you my love as you gave me your trust, what can I do now you are gone, I can no longer spoil you, feed you, touch you and kiss you all I want, giving you my heart in full, showing you my all affection, what can I do, I have lost you, you died in my arms, you were in so much pain, I am lost and very very sad, why did this have to happen so soon, you were so young and full of life, I could never get tired of your beauty, everything about you was perfect, your face, your
- —Guest Thierry
Sure they do
- They have own inteligence and are not robots so why not?
of course cats have souls
- We have to make the list, cats, dogs and every other animal are there waiting. How could heaven be paradise without the animals we've loved in life??
Do cats have souls?
- I wish they did., they have no soul to save to go to heaven., in the bible it tells us that that go back to the dust. As much as I love my little cat, I will not see him in heaven. Not to say that this could be misunderstood, and there is a place God has prepared for them, He did say take care of the beast of the earth. And it also tells us that Jesus is coming back again on a white horse...So we shall see one day. but they do have the ability to love and bond and God sure knew what he was doing sending them to earth for us. What a great gift.
Mr. van Berkel
- I do believe that animals have a soul, not because I would like to believe that, but that's what the Bible says ! Look up the following verses in your Bible and see for yourself ! Job 12: 7-10; Psalms 36: 7-8; Isaiah 11: 6-7; Acts 2: 17 Luke 12: 6-7,( these verses specifically state that "not one sparrow is forgotten before God ".) Also read II Corinth.:12: 2-4 God is a God of love and a Perfectionist after the Millenium time will end and eternity begins, Paradise will be beyond anyone's wildest dreams and animals will have a part in it !
My cat Mitzvah
- I have a cat named mitzvah and he is four years old, he is my best friend. Every time i look into his eyes i see his soul. i believe all animals have souls equal to humans. He sleeps with me every night, head on my chest. I love him so much, i cant imagine dying and not going to heaven. I read all your stories, i feel bad for your pets dying but i promise you they are in heaven.
- —Guest Annoymous
Cats do have souls
- Unfortunately we had to euthanize our 17-year old girl, Marlowe (a beautiful Manx-X) on the 27th of March this year. Our little girl knew she was going to a better place after being ill for 2 years with thyroid complications and cancer; she 'talked' to me while I cradled her head in my hand and I knew she was telling me she was happy to be going to heaven and that she understood how difficult it was for the family to see her struggling so near the end. A few nights ago, I heard her 'talking' to me as if she were still in the house. We still look for her when we come home from work and I know that she wishes she could still be with us. One week after Marlowe passed away, three neigh-borhood cats began 'visiting' us up on our 2nd-floor balcony, lounging under the barbecue, sitting atop the railing or in front of our patio window watching us. My Marlowe was not a very friendly girl, gaining a reputation for being territorial, and I think that these 3 Amigos just wanted to say goodby
- —Guest Laura McLaren
I think they do!
- We have had three cats pass away in our care. They have all come back afterward to say goodbye. One landed on the back of my legs one afternoon when I was asleep and did the kneading thing. It woke me up and continued for several minutes. Another cat came back and rested on my leg morning just as he did in life. I could feel the purring and weight of him. Then one morning his companion cat and the one who loved him and played with him came back and off they went to romp, same as they did every day in life. Haven't felt them since but....As far as our first cat he played (of his own volition) with our severely retarded daughter. She loved the game they played. He protected me from big dogs and played with her. If he isn't in heaven, I ain't going!!!!
All animals have souls
- Romans 8 verses 18-22 says so ..for I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with glory which shall be revealed to us.For the earnest expectation of the creation ( animals) eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God(humans born again).for the creation(animals)was subjected to futility,not willingly,but because of him who subjected it in hope;(God).Because creation(animals) itself also will be delivered from bondage of-corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God(born again believers).For we know that the whole creation(animals)groans and labours with birth pangs together until now.I hope this helps , because seems to me alot of Christians don't believe they will see their pets again.HAVE FAITH when we go up in the rapture they will too...
1-15 of 253Next