The Bottom Line
Ssscat! is an efficient training system for behavioral problems as diverse as counter-surfing, undesirable scratching, urine spraying, plant-eating, or wire chewing.
- fast, effective, and painless
- effective for many behavioral problems
- works in owner's absence
- may be too frightening for timid cats
- adjusts between motion detection and direction of spray
- nozzle position adjustable upward and downward
- spray may be turned off for sound conditioning
- refill spray cans available with 500 spray capacity
- repels cats for up to one meter
Guide Review - Ssscat! by Multivet
Ssscat! is a versatile training system which is excellent for hardcore behavioral problems in cats. It works with two components: a motion detector atop a repellant spray can with an auxiliary high-pitched alarm. We tested it effectively on our counter-surfing cats. After two or three run-ins with the spray, I was able to turn off the spray feature and the sound alone was an efficient deterrant. Our two "upwardly-mobile" GuideCats, Jaspurr and Joey, now give our kitchen counters a wide berth. Probably the most important application is in deterring scratching of furniture if other means have been unsuccessful, and the owner is contemplating declawing. Cats simply will not venture near an area where they have encountered Ssscat!